One of the best things that ever happened to us as a family was the day we welcomed a dog into our home.
He came in, sniffed around a bit, sat on the sofa (BIG mistake allowing that from day one) and captured our hearts from the moment he wagged his tail and poked his wet nose into everyone’s face.
He is gorgeous. He loves us, listens to us, brings us together, melts the day’s troubles away.
We go on more family walks than ever before, he’s brought us new friends and he’s a great foot warmer!
A photo posted by Tara Cain (@taralara) on
So, my 5 reasons why every family should have a dog:
- When your kids roll their eyes at you talking to them like babies, your dog will love it and no one will bat an eye at you coochy cooing the pooch.
- When you walk in the door from work, he will make you feel like THE most important person in his whole entire world. When you walk in the door having been to the loo he will pretty much do the same thing – they have no sense of time.
- Mobile vacuum cleaner for the kitchen floor.
- They listen to everything you say, never answer back and kiss you when you’re grumpy and angry. Especially when you’re grumpy and angry.
- They will never ever tell on you when they catch you eating a sneaky bar of chocolate while hiding behind the kitchen door. So someone tells me *cough*.
If you want to treat your dog I have a little competition running on Twitter to win one of these fabulous dog subscription boxes for your pooch.
The Hound Haus is the brainchild of Verity Jones, who, after working with older people and in homeless shelters saw first hand the joy and support dogs can bring their owners. So while you treat your beloved dog, the money you spend helps Verity offer homeless and struggling dog owners additional support with essentials for their dog which as food, vet products and blankets.
She does all of this because she believes that supporting people to provide for their own dogs helps the owners, their dogs and reduces the demands on animal shelters.
And that’s got to be a good thing.
Each monthly subscription box is filled with five or six treats and items suitable for your pooch – everything from healthy nibbles and snacks to poo bags and toys.
You can pick the size of your dog (small, medium, large or puppy) and even make specific requests if your dog is a ‘destroyer’ of toys!
So, take a look inside our box in this very short video (there’s no talking because I’m having real iMovie issues!)
To enter the competition just Tweet:
[bctt tweet=”RT & follow for the chance to win a @Thehoundhaus subscription box for your gorgeous dog #giveaway” username=”tara_cain”]
Terms & conditions:
The competition is open to residents of the UK, ROI, Channel Islands and Isle of Man only (sorry rest of the world) and those aged 18 and over.
The prize is for a Hound Haus subscription box. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
Entry is via Twitter. Only one entry per person, per day.
The competition closes at midnight on Sunday April 24, 2016.
One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries after the closing date.
A winner will be informed within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
The winner’s name will be announced on Twitter.
The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
This is a joint promotion between Sticky Fingers and The Hound Haus.