10 things that really irritate me about my husband #2

father and son

I wrote a fun post called 10 Things That Really Irritate Me About My Husband way back in 2009. All about how he falls asleep in front of the TV and puts the kitchen roll on the wrong way so the pictures all face the wrong way.
It’s not just me is it?
Anyway, I thought it was about time I updated it.
Because obviously my husband reads these lists and makes a check list of all the things he needs to improve on. Ahem.
He must be doing really well, because the last one of these posts was nearly 8 years ago!
But I have some updates *cough*

1. The coat hangers in our wardrobe – and the kids’  wardrobes for that matter – need to all be put on the rail so they face the same way. They just do. It’s good feng shui.
  2. Questioning why I bought someone a certain present for Christmas when he’s had NOTHING to do with the present buying process. At all. Ever.
  3. Thinking it’s fun to rub his stubble on my face.
  4. STILL not managing to bridge the gap between putting the used mug IN the dishwasher instead of on the counter just ABOVE it.
  5. Putting his electric toothbrush on charge in our bedroom overnight so the bright blue light BLINKS incessantly all night long right in my eye line.
  6. When he secretly rearranges what I’ve put in the dishwasher because he doesn’t think I’ve loaded it properly.
  7. Texting at the dinner table. The kids aren’t allowed to do it so you most definitely aren’t either. I don’t care if you’re arranging a fixture for the rugby team, put the phone down.
  8. He never gets behind the camera. So I have a million photos like the one at the top of the page.
  9. Wait, I can’t think of a 9th one. He really is improving!
  10. Or a 10th one. I think it’s time to stop moaning . . .

Like I’ve said many times before, thank GOD he doesn’t make a list like this about me . . .

This entry was posted in Family Life, Lists. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to 10 things that really irritate me about my husband #2

1. Kate says:

Oh this is brilliant!!

My husband does all these things too. Having them get behind a camera would be nice wouldn’t it – I’ve resorted to taking selfies with the kids when we’re out otherwise when they look back at the photos of their childhood they’ll think I wasn’t even there!
    Kate recently posted…Fisher-Price Laugh ‘N’ Learn Musical MirrorMy Profile

2. Shannan says:

Oh this was brilliant 🙂 I could easily write up a ’10 things that annoys me about my husband’ list lol x

3. Haha! My biggest bug bear here is laundry…dropping it next to or on top of the bag but never in it!! Argh!! I think I did a similar list years ago but mine wasn’t labelled as a fun post, more of an actual dig 😉
    76 sunflowers recently posted…Snowdrops and mini-mes {#HDYGG}My Profile

4. Kelly says:

Totally agree with 4, 5 and 8, I have hardly any pics of me and my little girl and tonnes of the 2 of them. When I do ask him to take a pic, he takes that long he never gets the picture, or he’ll only take 1 and it will be blurred. No matter how many times I say he still doesn’t get with a toddler you just keep taking them and hope get a good one!
    Kelly recently posted…I want my DaddyMy Profile

5. Absolutely brilliant. I feel however I could fill an encyclopaedia.
    Outside The Click recently posted…Themactic Photograph – White For WinterMy Profile

6. Susan Mann says:

lol love it x
    Susan Mann recently posted…Colour – The Gallery 218My Profile

7. Nota Bene says:

Only 10 things? Or is that 20? Anyway, I think you’re very lucky…generally I thought the rule was that men only do two things wrong – everything they say, and everything they do…

8. Rachael says:

I love this. My hubby does the whole ‘not putting things in the dishwasher too’, drives me mad. He’s also one that doesn’t really take photos. x

9. Karen Jones says:

Don’t even get me started…. I could think of a lot more than 10 !
    Karen Jones recently posted…The Utility Room Renovation (part one)My Profile

10. Mel says:

Brilliant post! Reading the news on the iPad / texting: big no, no! Same here about the photos, and the rearranging of the dishwasher is my thing rather than his. He chucks it all in – literally, so I have to put it all in again so it actually gets washed. Love the fact you couldn’t find a 9 or a 10. Your first 8 are not too bad either. Your husband sounds pretty good, really!
    Mel recently posted…Comment on Organic Fruit and Vegetables from Farmaround (& a Giveaway) by Michael RattrayMy Profile

11. LauraCYMFT says:

LOL What a great list! I’ve just tweeted you what irritates me about my husband.
    LauraCYMFT recently posted…Funny Things My Kids Say #36My Profile

12. Marianne says:

Rearranging the dishwasher … WHY Tara, why?
    Love this but maybe it’s better if I shut up for now, know what I mean?
    Marianne recently posted…Shorne Country Park: my Better PlaceMy Profile

13. Sian says:

I’m not even allowed to load the dishwasher!
    But 1… hell yes, what is that about? and the toilet roll… I swear every other person in my house puts it on the holder the wrong way around, just to pee me off.
    Sian recently posted…Silent Sunday : February 15th 2015My Profile

14. oh this tickled me this morning. Clearly they all one from the same mould! Very good sign that you couldn’t make it to 10 though 😉
    Sarah (@tamingtwins) recently posted…Daim Bar Cookies | Cake ClubMy Profile

15. Practically perfect mums says:

Love it. I may have gone a step further and did a full on review of pros and cons of my husband a few years ago! http://practicallyperfectmums.co.uk/pros-cons-of-my-husband-on-our-1st-anniversary/

16. Suzanne says:

Oh my, were our husbands separated at birth?? The blue light thing. Will he never understand?!
    Suzanne recently posted…Photo of the Week / Snow AngelsMy Profile

17. Working Mum says:

The phone thing!! Why do they think it’s ok for them to use a phone at the dining table, but not the kids? Talk about not setting a good example. Drives me mad!

Oh, and thinking that leaving little piles of stuff around the house is tidying up!

18. 2 and 8. Oh yes! The Christmas present thing drives me mad. Lovely post. Not brave enough to do my own version of it, though.
    Hearth-mother recently posted…Homeless Half TermMy Profile