The Gallery 204: Autumn

acer

Every year it amazes me that nature can produce such a vivid display of colour in my garden.
The season when things are slowly withdrawing, shedding and sinking back into the soil, is also the season when this bush does a virtual “Tah Dah” in the most dramatic fashion and almost glows red.

Like a performer from the Moulin Rouge, she hoists up her skirts, puts her face to the sky and shows off.
An Acer Bloodgood: Everyone should have one in their garden to bring some autumnal cheer.

This post is for week 204 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is: Autumn.
If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement for joining in.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

You can also find The Photo Gallery on: Pinterest Google + Follow Tara Cain’s board The Photo Gallery on Pinterest.

See you over there x

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Gallery 204: Autumn

1. sarahmo3w says:

It's beautiful! We had one at the house we rented last autumn and it really does cheer up a drab time of year!
    My recent post The Gallery: (The garden in) Autumn

2. Mirka Moore says:

Absolutely love this bush, and finally know what's called, will get one for our new garden. A fab shot Tara 😉 Hope to see you on my new blog too/
    My recent post The Gallery: Autumn

That’s such a gorgeous colour of red. Very Autumnal.

4. libprice says:

What a BEAUTIFUL acer. My parents have one in a pot in their garden and it's the one thing they stress about being watered when they're away! (Thank goodness it's raining at the moment whilst they're sunning themselves!!)

5. softthistle says:

Oh I do miss my acer from my old place.
    It's probably one of the very few things I miss!
    Beautiful. 🙂

6. HelpfulMum says:

This is absolutely stunning. We are looking for something to plant near where a tree came down and I am sure that this would be perfect.
    My recent post The Photo Gallery – Autumn

7. 'Tah dah'! I love your description here! Gorgeous photo too. We have something similar in our garden…it's a lot smaller but the colours don't half make up for it! I swear it's more or less a bright pink at one point!
    My recent post 41 / 52

8. Mummy Barrow says:

I have seen 45 autumns and the colour of leaves going from from green to red never ceases to amaze me. Great pic Mrs

9. Pingback: The Gallery: Autumn | Mymumdom

10. Mrs TeePot says:

I adore the colours of autumn, it really is amazing that nature can put on such a display.
    My recent post Autumn

11. Lesley Ann says:

Such a vibrant red. It’s gorgeous.

12. rachelmorri says:

I love how red they are, and having them in your own garden could really give a nice aura.. that's what people need to keep positive. Great shot. 🙂

13. Sarah says:

Absolutely beautiful Tara. I hope you have a really lovely autumn, with lots of sunshine days to walk your gorgeous dog and enjoy those flaming colours xx
    My recent post Autumn | The Photo Gallery

14. Pingback: Autumn, What Does it Say to You? (Please Don’t Tell Me It’s Bloody Onions) | Losing My Lemons