The Photo Gallery 192: The Great Outdoors

the great outdoors

If walking were an Olympic sport I would be right at the top of my game.
Just as Mo Farrah probably wears out countless pairs of running shoes, I get through wellies and walking boots at a rate of knots.
I tramp over hill and dale, along canals, down country lanes, through fields which are rough under foot and difficult to move easily over. I walk in streams, over troll bridges and through thick mud which tries to suck you back into it’s sludgy arms.

I’ve started running lately, something I’m pretty rubbish at but I’m trying my best to get better at it. I’m trying to enjoy it as every week I wheeze a little less, my achilles hurt a little less, my mindset stops repeating the mantra ‘I hate this, I hate this, I hate this’.

But it will never replace walking for me. Being able to take all of my surroundings in while at peace, enjoying living in a beautiful part of England, and feeling like I’ve just experienced the most intensive therapy session as I head home with a smile on my face.
And doing all of that with friends? Even better.

This post is for week 192 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is The Great Outdoors.

If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement for joining in.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

You can also find The Photo Gallery on: Pinterest Google + Follow Tara Cain’s board The Photo Gallery on Pinterest.

See you over there x

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Photo Gallery 192: The Great Outdoors

1. sarahmo3w says:

It looks beautiful! I love walking, but don't get out to the countryside anywhere near enough. I usually just walk round the streets near home. I'm more of a runner though 🙂
    My recent post The Gallery: The great outdoors (Weymouth)

2. Nicky says:

Lovely photo – makes me want to go out for a walk now – especially with this beautiful blue sky outside my office window….

3. Louise says:

I enjoy walking – but not so much fun with very small people. I get them geocaching if I want to fool them about going for a walk!

4. I love to walk too but it's always so much better to do it with company.:-D

My recent post The Gallery – The Great Outdoors

5. Al Ferguson says:

Really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks.

My recent post NCT vs NHS

6. coombemill says:

Tara I am so with you on walking and the more interesting the tertain the better. I've been jog / walking capturing our coast paths this week and sharing with you here. Thanks for a great theme.

7. Pingback: The Great Outdoors! | Julia's Place

8. mamasyder says:

I agree, walking is good therapy, I love it too, fab photo x
    My recent post The Great Outdoors

9. Nell Heshram says:

I've had some wonderful days out, rambling with friends. You get to have an in-depth conversation in a way that you don't in a pub or restaurant. Even if it rains, it's fun!
    My recent post The Elephantom at New London Theatre – Review

10. Sarah says:

Beautiful photograph and yes, as much as I like a run, there is nothing better for the mind, spirit and soul than a great walk in the beautiful outdoors – with ample time to listen, smell, touch and feel nature all around.

11. EmmaK says:

Sounds like my kind of walking. There is nothing better than being out in the fresh air just taking in the views. And they are lovely views in your photo.
    My recent post The Son by Jo Nesbo (Review)

12. SusanKMann says:

What a stunning picture. Walkies x
    My recent post #SilentSunday – Week 28