The Photo Gallery 189: Breathe

Mia sleeping

There are many parts of this parenting lark that are so impossibly beautiful you could never put them into words.
I’m not going to list them here, you know what they are. But for me one of the most heart wrenching, clutch your hand to your heart, catch your breathe things is watching my babies sleep. Even after all these years. Even though one of my ‘babies’ is 11.

I’ve actually written about this before – Listening To My Children Breathe – and it never really leaves you I’m convinced of it.
Watching the rise of fall of their little chest, all the madness of the day gone, replaced by a joyous calm. The sound of their breathing, hypnotic, peaceful, melodic.
And when we’ve had a tough day, when Mia has tested me right to the very limits of my parenting patience, the last thing I do before I go to bed is listen to her breathe, look at that face and all is right with the world again.

This post is for week 189 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is Breathe.

If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement for joining in.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And remember, there is a prize for the best interpretation of the theme: The Fine Bedding Company will give one of their new ‘Breathe’ duvets (whatever size you would like) together with two Breathe pillows. Prices start at £45 for a single 4.5 tog duvet and £25 for each pillow.
All of your posts have been pinned to a Fine Bedding Company Pinterest board too:

Follow The Fine Bedding Company’s board Breathe on Pinterest.

You can also find The Photo Gallery on: Pinterest Google + Follow Tara Cain’s board The Photo Gallery on Pinterest.

See you over there x

This entry was posted in Competitions, The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Photo Gallery 189: Breathe

1. Liz says:

Yep still do it, sometimes just stand in the doorway watching him sleep. Then he wakes up and says 'what the hell are you doing? Weirdo.' ; ) x
    My recent post Waiting to exhale

2. sarahmo3w says:

What a beautiful post – and very true. I think when they're asleep they really look like babies again. All the things which are irritating about them during the day are gone and you just see their innocent beauty.
    My recent post The Gallery: Breathe (June)

3. What a lovely post! I often watch both of mine sleeping. Such a relaxing thing to do.
    My recent post The Gallery: Breathe

4. mamasyder says:

Lovely post…I still watch my kids sleep and they are all grown up now. Its a Mums priviledge x
    My recent post Breathe – It's A Coastal Life For Me

5. Amanda says:

Don't think I'll ever stop, well perhaps when they've moved out, would just be weird then!
    Such a precious and reassuring moment when you see the rise and fall of their chests
    My recent post Just Breathe

6. Pingback: The Gallery: Breathe - WitWitWoo

7. Kate Sutton says:

She's just so so pretty Tara. Just like her Mum 🙂 x
    My recent post The Gallery: Breathe

8. EmmaK says:

I wondered if I would grow out of listening in but it looks like not. Such a lovely photo.

Aww she looks so peaceful. Angels when they are sleeping lol.
    My recent post Breathe #TheGallery

10. Sarah says:

So precious and yes, watching them when they sleep warms my heart like nothing else 🙂
    My recent post The Photo Gallery | Breathe

11. Thinking I mostly asleep before my daughter these days. But yes, I used to love that last thing at night watching her breath whilst asleep before I went to bed.
    My recent post Even Snakes do it

12. SusanKMann says:

So peaceful. I love watching my children sleep x
    My recent post Review – Skibz

13. Hellie's Corner says:

Aw, they are so peaceful when they're asleep 🙂
    My recent post Silent Sunday ~ 22nd June 2014