The Photo Gallery 182: A Favourite Place

lickey hills2

There is a place we spend so much time as a family it almost feels like it’s ours.
Like it is part of our heritage.
If we don’t visit at least once a week I feel guilty. Like I’m letter her down.
For she is Mother Nature, and here I feel like we touch forehead to forehead with her.

This is a place right on our doorstep (we are so lucky) which has provided us with soft landings on the leaf-strewn floor for our toddlers to land. It has offered up trees for our growing children to climb safely. It has hosted nature treasure hunts, picnics, walks in the rain, rambles with friends, and lots and lots and lots of trees for me. For yes, I have a bit of a tree thing. I’ve even had a blogger meet up here.

I have so many photos of these woods in every season, with kids, with dog, with friends.
And every one of them tells a story.
It is absolutely one of my most favourite places in the world – and it’s right on my doorstep.

This post is for week 182 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is A Favourite Place.
If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement. And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

You can also find The Photo Gallery on:
Pinterest
Google +

See you over there x

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Photo Gallery 182: A Favourite Place

1. Kizzy says:

Wow what a great wood, we have a small one right near us too which the kids love playing hide and seek in!
    My recent post #TheGallery A Favorite Place

2. suzanne3childrenandit says:

Our favourite places are very similar 🙂 I've seen you post a few pictures of this wood, looks incredible!
    My recent post Our Favourite Place

3. Kara says:

I love local gems and I recognise this from your dog walks. We have a heath on our doorstep which is beautiful but I have chosen the beach as my fave place

4. Susan Mann says:

Wow that’s a gorgeous wood x

5. Looks lovely! I love parks, woods, anywhere where there is trees!
    My recent post The Gallery: A Favourite Place

6. Hellie's Corner says:

We have a woodland a short drive from ours, we love going there and taking the dog for good romp around. She manages to bring half the forest back, stuck on her tail!!
    My recent post My Favourite Place…

• Tara says:

Ha ha yes, the curse of a long-haired dog! That's why we picked one with little or no hair. It's just the kids who bring back most of the forest stuck in their hair now . . .

7. That looks so beautiful, I love wandering through woods too, it's good for the soul
    My recent post A Favourite Place – The Gallery

That is a beautiful photo! I can just imagine running through those woods with the kids. Great fun!
    My recent post A Favourite Place #TheGallery

9. Mike says:

Beautiful place! Looks like a great spot for getting some nature shots!

10. Sarah says:

Gorgeous photograph and love your feelings about your favourite place. This was a lovely post to read.

11. sarahmo3w says:

It's really beautiful. It reminds me a lot of Center Parcs, but of course your wood is more 'real'. You certainly are lucky to have it on your doorstep.

12. MsXpat says:

Now that's a lovely view :0)

13. Fabulous, it makes me want to walk down that path.

14. Pingback: The Gallery: Favourite Place - Bad Fiction

15. I'm never sure how I feel about pine forests, there is a sparseness about them and a lack of life that I find strange but I love the smell, I'm torn with them.

16. Pingback: The Gallery: My Favourite Place | Mymumdom

17. MummaG says:

A very beautiful place, every child should have a place where they can climb trees and take picnics.
    My recent post A Favourite Place

18. Mama Owl says:

It looks beautiful, I love the woods
    My recent post My Sunday Photo. #SilentSunday