I posted a while ago about our school run. The madness, the car journey, the millions of bags I’m expected to carry.
Our school run has significantly changed since then. No more driving, lots of walking, different schools. A dog!
I actually have the time to hang the washing out on the line before leaving the house.
So here is a week in mornings in the Sticky Fingers house. More than two years on!
The sun came out, washing went out on the line, jackets were shed and spring was definitely in the air.
* Mia loves her bed. Loves it. She’s a teenager in waiting as most mornings I have to draaaaag her out of it. And at the moment she loves having her hair in rags so it’s curly for school! I think she looks so adorable when she’s sleeping.
* The cat also loves her bed. Or my bed to be more precise.
* I love coming into the kitchen and changing the date every morning. I also love coming into the kitchen to the sight and smell of daffodils which feels very English to me.
* Breakfast is this breakfast smoothie which I’m now addicted to.
* New school shoes. These are just superb; so robust and old fashioned looking. Not sure Mia is as enthused as I am as “they’re just school shoes” she tells me (with added eye roll).
Many thanks to Cloggs for sending these Kickers school shoes to review. They’ve got a cracking website with loads of big name brands on offer.
* The weather has been just lovely and the sky so blue – which is surprising given that this time last year we had snow.
* The blossom is out in force right now. This is my neighbour’s tree and is the first thing we see when we step outside the house; an explosion of white.
* At the weekend we go discovering exciting new walks with the pooch. We go over fields, down the canal side, through forests. We need decent footwear! So many thanks to Joules for the gorgeous and very stylish wellies Mia and I were sent to review. We’ve used them loads and we totally look the business. As you can see, the dog is a fan too!
(I have the aptly named Posh Premium Welly £69.95 and Mia has the rather fabulous Candy Pink Pony Print wellies £24.95).
* Of course, the best way to end a week is with Mother’s Day; there is nothing finer than homemade stuff. Nothing. Except maybe flowers. Flowers come a close second.
So, are your mornings similar? Or are you still on the MANIC, GET DRESSED, GET OUT THE HOUSE QUICK stage?!