The Photo Gallery 177: Yellow

Bike riding

As part of our get moving, get out, do more things as a family campaign we’ve started to do a lot of this.
Try to ignore the fact that her bike is too small for her, or that her jacket is SO bright that the camera recoils at the thought of taking a photo of it.
This is such a gorgeous walk. Leafy lanes, canal towpaths, and some killer hills (but she’s so preoccupied with the dog she doesn’t even notice!)
The photo below is the sort I dream of Mia looking back on in years to come and thinking ‘my parents were so cool; I really did have a wonderfully wild and free childhood. But those damn hills, they were killers’.

Bike riding with the dog

This post is for week 177 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is Yellow.
If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement. And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

You can also find The Photo Gallery on:
Google +

See you over there x

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to The Photo Gallery 177: Yellow

1. Jess @ Catch A Single Thought says:

At least she will definitely be seen in that jacket! Great that you are getting out too, I think outdoor adventures are the ones that have stuck with me, especially when they were challenging.

2. Susan Mann says:

That’s awesome. Gorgeous colour and safe. She is looking so grown up these days & beautiful as ever x

That jacket is bright! But at least you'll see her in it. I used to love going on bike rides. Not sure I could get on a bike now though LOL.
    My recent post Yellow #TheGallery

4. coombemill says:

I have the matching cycle jacket, but never thought of it for my yellow round up. A lovely natural outdoor photo, I have the same dream for my kids as they hopefully look back on their childhood on the farm. Delighted to join in with The Gallery this week.

5. That last photo really is just all kinds of awesomeness!

6. sarahmo3w says:

Fab photos. I hope she does look back and think that. All of my kids’ bikes are too small too – they will insist on keep growing!

7. Sarahleaf08x says:

Very cool photos! I love the colours in the second one x
    My recent post And it was all yellow

8. Kizzy says:

Lovely photo, we have one of those tops but ours is florescent green! We have the other extreme that my little two's bikes are a bit too big!

9. Pingback: Yellow for the Gallery | Julia's Place

10. That's my Mum says:

Beautiful photos, we love being outside and it’s so nice now the sun is shining 🙂

11. Pingback: The Gallery: Yellow | Mymumdom

12. jacq says:

Gosh, she's growing up isn't she?
    My recent post The Gallery: Yellow

13. softthistle says:

It's all about making memories isn't it? 🙂

14. becky says:

What a lovely place to bike ride…just beautiful
    My recent post My ray of sunshine #thegallery

15. Awww I want to get my bike out again and get cycling with the boys, I just need the bl**dy snow to melt!
    My recent post The Gallery – Yellow

16. Pingback: Gallery – Yellow » My type of thing

17. Nickie says:

That is one awesomely coloured jacket! You'll not lose her in a hurry.
    My recent post The Gallery : Yellow

18. mamadidnttell says:

Gorgeous sunlight captured in these pics. Love the jacket
    My recent post The Gallery : yellow

19. HelpfulMum says:

Great pictures. Looks like a fantastic way to be out walking the dog. My son learned to ride his first bike last weekend, so I imagine we'll be getting out and about a lot more!
    My recent post The Photo Gallery – Yellow

20. Friv 4 says:

Your photos bring nature is full of leading a photographer I like what belongs to you, thank

21. Hellie's Corner says:

Wow, that's bright, no change of not seeing her in the dark. Cycling with your dog is great fun, it's amazing how fast they can run, good exercise for them and you. We really need to get our bikes out now the weather is better.

22. EmmaK says:

Need to start thinking of getting my bike out of the back of the shed where it's been hiding all winter.