The Photo Gallery 174: Weather

weather

As high winds and high water batter the UK it’s hard to believe that this time last year we were faced with this!
I took this photo on February 13, 2013. Snapped it on my phone as a trudged through the trees with the dog, an eerie silence descending through the branches as you often get with snow.
I imagined strange creatures hiding in the bramble, a Narnia-esque hidey hole in the distance and a film crew just around the corner capturing it all!

This post is for week 174 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is Weather.
If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

Reasons to Believe

NOTE: You still have time to link up to my photo linky, where I’m looking for heartwarming, inspirational or just plain lovely photos.
You know the ones, the impossibly beautiful beach, the sunset, the sunrise, the adventure, the walk in the fields with the family, the cuddled up on the sofa with the animals, the moment.
Just a photo you love.
Add your photo and your entry could be picked by Coca Cola as part of their latest Reasons to Believe campaign to illustrate all the positivity around us.

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement. And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

You can also find The Photo Gallery on:
Pinterest
Google +

See you over there x

This entry was posted in Photography, The Gallery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Photo Gallery 174: Weather

1. sarahmo3w says:

What a beautiful photo. It looks almost black and white. The contrast in the weather between last year and this year is quite incredible.

2. Emma @ Tales of a Greenwood says:

Beautiful picture. It does capture the amazing silence you get when it has snowed. I would much prefer snow to all this rain!

3. Pingback: Weather #TheGallery | Mama, you talk?

4. Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) says:

Beautiful picture. Who can believe the difference in the weather this year compare to last year!? Bring on spring though xx

5. Susan mann says:

Stunning picture. I love the silence and eerieness of the snow x

6. Pingback: The Gallery: Weather | Mymumdom

Really beautiful picture. I love seeing frost and snow hanging off the trees.
    My recent post The Day They Thought I was Having a Heart Attack

8. Pingback: The Photo Gallery: Weather - Rosie Scribble

9. Charly Dove says:

I love this photo Tara – your woods must have been beautiful, they certainly look it. Would have much preferred snow than all this scary wind and rain 🙂
    My recent post Weather

10. I think all your snow is falling over here this year, we're literally up to our necks in it! Lovely shot.
    My recent post The Gallery – Weather

11. mrsshilts says:

Lovely photo Tara, I'd like to see some snow again this year in the Midlands but not sure I'd want to drive in it!
    My recent post Why I’d never leave a baby alone with a dog…

12. Wonderful photo, I'm sure a lot of people would rather be coping with snow right now, than the floods we've been suffering with
    My recent post Weather #TheGallery

13. HelpfulMum says:

Beautiful picture. It does look like a scene from Narnia!

14. Pingback: Simple Things - Rainbows, Sailing and Sunshine - thinlyspread.co.uk

15. Joining in for the first time in Aaaaages! Love that photo Missis, I need to grab a staff and stride off into Narnia 🙂
    My recent post Simple Things – Rainbows, Sailing and Sunshine