The photo Gallery week 170: New

walk to school

It’s by no means the best photo I’ve ever taken. In fact it’s a very quick snap before she could turn around and see I’d taken my phone out of my pocket.
But this is the first time we have been able to walk to school. And we love it.
Since Dan started his school career seven years ago we’ve had to drive.
And now we don’t. We take the dog with us, sometimes the scooter, sometimes the bike.

It’s a new era for the Sticky Fingers household and I’m hoping that 10 minute walk up hill back from the school every morning is going to also mean a new pair of jeans soon 🙂

This post is for week 170 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is New.
This year I’m opening up my Photo Gallery Pinterest board on which I’ve pinned some of my favourite posts over the years; now you can add yours or someone else’s who has inspired you if you wish.
Stories like this one from Mammasaurus who wrote about her children in the woods on the theme ‘C is for’, Edspire who wrote about her marriage proposal for the theme ‘Sparkle’ and Laura who wrote so poignantly about memories of her youth on the theme ‘Expressions’.
It’s open to all so just jump on in – leave a comment here or Tweet me @tara_cain if you want to be added as a contributor.

It’s great to see you back for 2014 now The Photo Gallery enters it’s 5th year!

If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!
You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

This entry was posted in School, The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to The photo Gallery week 170: New

1. Mirka Moore says:

A great shot, and happy for you that you can walk to school. We usually drive as it can take good 25mins but love walking in spring and summer to school too.

2. Liz says:

We always walked to school – first to the primary, and then when No 1 Son changed schools and had to get a train I always walked him to the station. We had some of our best chats on those walks. Enjoy my lovely x
    My recent post New passport to possibility

3. mummy of two says:

That is a lovely photo. I love being able to walk my son too and from school and yes it does help you lose weight!

4. What a lovely photo. We’ve always walked to school. I see the bad traffic and parking and I’m so grateful we don’t drive. I hope Mia is happy at her new school.

5. suzanne says:

Is your daughter also getting 'funny' about you snapping at every given opportunity? I'm doing project 365 this year so have always got my camera out! Gorgeous walk, I bet your dog loves it!

6. Mrs TeePot says:

Hope the walking does result in new jeans 🙂 I need to start doing more of that myself!
    My recent post The trip to Spain

7. Iota says:

It's a great thing to be able to walk to school. Lovely that you appreciate it so much. And if you appreciate it in January, you'll be loving it the rest of the year.

8. JohnC says:

Now we've moved back to England, we're also walking to school and it's wonderful. House isn't quite big enough to have a dog, unfortunately. Well, I'm walking, the kids are either on skateboards or scooters!
    My recent post #TheGallery – Week 170: New

9. JallieDaddy says:

You moved house at Christmas as well?! I thought it was just us! Our main motive was so Jake & Ellie could walk to school as well: and they're also loving it 🙂

10. spicers1976 says:

I really want to get out walking more. Just not finding the time at the moment.

11. Trish says:

Great to return to the Gallery again. I haven't joined in for a while. Good to be back.
    Hope you enjoy your walks to school. I'm afraid we have always been car then bus but only because we lived too far away…honest!
    My recent post The Gallery: New

12. mummyconstant says:

Ahhh lovely photo. I am looking forward to the kids helping out on dog walks 🙂

Ive linked up with a photo of Isla's NEW nightie. Very cute! haha

13. Vaidehi says:

We are at our first ever pre-school, day 2. Not thought about walking just yet. Perhaps once the tears have dried away!

Great shot. I love our walk to school. Really perks you up in the morning.
    My recent post New #TheGallery

15. mummybarrow says:

Sounds like you have had a tough time with nasty children. I am so pleased that you have found a resolution that is working. What a great shot. Good luck Mia!

16. Charly Dove says:

How fabulous to be able to walk to school Tara. Fresh air does wonders!

17. Sara (@mumturnedmom) says:

I love that we can walk to school (unless we have a foot of snow, then I take the car!). I hope Mia enjoys her new school x
    My recent post The Gallery: New

18. Jess @ CAST says:

Lovely photo. How nice to be able to take the dog along with you. We walk to school too and having just moved to an area where most of the parents don't, I have realised how much I actually enjoy it (despite the funny stares), it's really great exercise as well!

19. I used to love my walks to school when my youngest was in Primary school, I had so much more energy when I started the day with a walk.
    My recent post The Gallery – New

20. SusanKMann says:

I hope it is all going well for her x
    My recent post The Gallery 170 – New

21. Enjoy the walk to school, we love scooting to Nursery School
    My recent post New – The Photo Gallery

22. Sarahleaf08x says:

I hope everything is going well!
    Lovely pic. x
    My recent post New #TheGallery

23. mamawearsme says:

Joining in with The Photo Gallery for the first time this week!
    My recent post The Photo Gallery – New

24. Mummypinkwellies says:

So much nicer to be able to walk. We have to drive to playschool at the moment but once my 3yo is at school we'll be walking 🙂
    My recent post The Gallery: New

25. Pingback: The Gallery: New | Mymumdom

26. jacq says:

We love walking to school. It's very important I think.
    My recent post The Gallery: New

27. i hope it's all going well for mia at her new school xx lovely shot xx
    My recent post after what feels like forever, we had sunshine on saturday!