The Photo Gallery 172: Rewind

kavos holiday1 The Photo Gallery 172: Rewind

It is the summer of 1988.
I am 20 and on holiday in Kavos, Corfu with my best friend.
The depth of our tans was of the upmost importance, I had the curliest of perms, huge hoop earrings and wore fake flowers in my hair.
It’s the sort of holiday I DREAD my own children wanting to go on.

But what makes me laugh the most is the mini bag slung around my friend’s yellow top. See it there, the black bag with the yellow piping around it?
That right there was the bag I kept my camera in. The camera I took everywhere!
Some things never change, the camera just got bigger and more expensive as I got older!

This post is for week 172 of The Photo Gallery: The theme is Rewind.

This year I’m opening up my Photo Gallery Pinterest board on which I’ve pinned some of my favourite posts over the years; now you can add yours or someone else’s who has inspired you if you wish.
It’s open to all so just jump on in – leave a comment here or Tweet me @tara_cain if you want to be added as a contributor.

It’s great to see you back for 2014 now The Photo Gallery enters it’s 5th year!

If you’re new here and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!
You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to The Photo Gallery 172: Rewind

1. jennypaulin says:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Tara words fail me lol! the tan i can understand as i was the same – i had a lot of tanned skin during my 20's , its your perm and the fact it is blonde – i hardly recognised you! awwww happy days though right? great flashback xx
    My recent post Green Layered White Chocolate Cake

2. Liz says:

Hah hah that photo is hilarious – I bet that bloke couldn't believe his luck!

3. I was there that summer too. I looked through my photos, I’m mostly topless! As you sat not a holiday I’ll be encouraging my daughter to go on !

4. suzanne3childrenandit says:

The man in the middle looks like a right Casanova! I think we all went on one of these type of holidays and although I didn't have a perm (my sister did), I definitely used more hairspray than was safe!
    My recent post Taking the Plunge / Life with 3 Children

5. sarahmo3w says:

Fab photo. I never went on one of those holidays when I was younger and, having seen s

6. sarahmo3w says:

Hit post too early! Having seen some truly appalling late night TV shows I don’t want my kids to go on these holidays!

7. saveeverystep says:

LOLOL. That hair flower! You were hot though, eh?!!!
    My recent post That first flush of love, 50′s style

8. Charly Dove says:

Loved 1988 – was the best year ever! Incredible tan though Mrs and you look like you're having the best time! With a lot of those embarrassing Eighties photos at my folks, I've linked up my What's The Story? post – it's about our honeymoon 10 years ago :)
    My recent post A taste of Moorea, Tahiti

9. spicers1976 says:

It's scary looking back isn't it. My eldest daughter is almost at that holiday stage so I'm dreading it

10. Jess @ CAST says:

Amazing photo! Luckily for me, I was a late eighties baby so I got to miss out on all the attractive perms!! I know what you mean though about these types of holidays, I think when my children get to the right age I might affect deafness ;)
    My recent post The Gallery: Rewind

11. check out that tan!
    My recent post rewind

12. Pingback: The Gallery - rewind - Mutterings of a Fool

13. louisejedwards says:

great photo! i echo that dread that our children will want to go on holidays with their friends :) x
    My recent post The Gallery: Rewind

14. Nickie says:

I love the 80s photos of you! They remind me of such a good decade and make me wish I'd had more taken of me during that time.
    My recent post The Gallery – Rewind

15. singlemarriedmum says:

Just fabulous! Is that a Gorgeous Girls competition?? :) Do remember those days when getting a tan was the most important thing ever.
    My recent post The Gallery – Rewind

16. Kat says:

Oh, wonderful and hilarious photo! I'm sure we all have one of these in our photo album. Classic!
    My recent post The Gallery: rewind

17. Love that photo, could cut and paste me and my friends into it!
    My recent post Rewind – The Photo Gallery

Fab photo! I want to know what you are all laughing about! Jealous of your tan.
    My recent post Rewind #TheGallery

19. HelpfulMum says:

Love this picture. I also dread my children wanting to go away on a holiday like the first one I had with my best friend!

20. Debbie says:

Fab picture! I think holidays like this are a rite of passage (not for my children obvs!). Mine was Kos. 1994.
    My recent post Tracking your dog's every step

21. Pingback: The Gallery: Rewind | Mymumdom

22. SusanKMann says:

What a great picture and so much fun xx
    My recent post The Gallery 174 – Rewind

23. Liska says:

Great post Tara – you have made me have a rewind too :-)
    GREAT TAN!!!! ;-)
    Liska xx

24. WallyMummy says:

That 80's hair is the best thing I've seen. Ever.

Awesome tan! #jealous :))) x