The Photo Gallery 168: Feeling Festive

Christmas lights-TWINKLE

Every night when we drive home from school this is the sight which greets us as we drive through the village.
You can’t help but feel festive.
People gather around outside, eating mince pies, sipping on mulled wine and chatting.
The people who own the house use the spectacle to raise money for charity and have done for years. Every year the display gets bigger. This year their neighbours have joined in.
They are Christmas lights with a capital L!

But by far the nicest thing to see is people getting together where they would ordinarily be sat at home never seeing their neighbours.
THAT is what gets me feeling festive.

This post is for week 168 of The Photo Gallery: Feeling Festive.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!
You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

AND DON’T FORGET: Next week’s theme is Christmas Tree so make sure you snap a photo of her looking her best!

This entry was posted in Christmas, The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Photo Gallery 168: Feeling Festive

1. saveeverystep says:

Holey Moley, imagine the energy bills!
    My recent post Feeling Festive

2. sarahmo3w says:

Now that really is festive! What an incredible sight!

3. suzanne says:

My kids would LOVE this! It is amazing though isn't it?
    My recent post Feeling Festive?

4. There is a whole street not far from us who all go to town on their Christmas lights each year. It becomes something of a local tourist attraction as people walk or drive around the area and admire everyone’s lights. It’s definitely lovely how this time of year brings neighbours together. x

5. louisejedwards says:

Brilliant! We love going on a drive to look at all the lights x
    My recent post That Festive Feeling.. what does it for you?

6. spicers1976 says:

That's a brilliant site. There was a street near us that did this every year but they stopped a few years ago which is a shame

7. Charly Dove says:

Wowsers! That is one impressive display – the kids must love it too 🙂
    My recent post Feeling festive

8. karinadavies1 says:

Holy cow that's impressive but imagine the cost of the energy bills. We love evening drives to spot the decoated houses

9. jennypaulin says:

ha ha this reminds me of a house a few miles ffom us who does this every year and raises money for charity, although i dread to think how much their electricity bill is! but like you, it nevr fails to bring a smile to my face and those aroud me x
    My recent post Malteser Rocky Road Xmas Pud

10. Pingback: The Gallery: Feeling Festive | Mymumdom

11. HelpfulMum says:

Wow. They look fantastic. We drive home a different way at this time of year just so that we can go past the houses with lights on!
    My recent post The Gallery – Feeling Festive

12. Superb! I feel the festive vibes just looking at the photo and the thought of a mulled wine and mince pie is even more appealing!

13. That's brilliant, I love driving around looking at all the Christmas lights 😀
    My recent post The Gallery – Feeling Festive

14. Leanne Rain says:

ive just posted mine :)… cant wait till were all feeling better so we can do some Christmas crafts 🙂

15. jessicamilln says:

Please revisit my post every few days. I'm hoping having people check up on me will kick start me into getting a bit more ready for Christmas.
    My recent post Very Underprepared in the Feeling Festive

I love Christmas lights. This is fantastic and what a lovely way to get the neighbours together. I miss that from my neighbourhood growing up. We'd just pop in to see neighbours for a juice and a cuppa for my mum. Don't get that around my way.
    My recent post Feeling Festive #TheGallery

17. Sara (@mumturnedmom) says:

That's really wonderful, that would definitely make me feel festive xx
    My recent post The Gallery: Feeling Festive

18. K-Ville says:

My house is slowly turning into that. We are about a 3rd of the way there. Every year my OH adds more. It makes him happy!
    My recent post Christmas Cat

19. Jacq says:

We have a house like this around the corner too. ‘This fab.

20. Dean B says:

Hi! It's my first time to link-up! Bean meaning to in the past, but keep forgetting. So I'm really happy I was able to finally link-up this week 🙂 Look forward to linking up once again. All the best, Dean.

21. Leanne Rain says:

I wish we could do something like that where we live… but it would probs get nicked :/ haha

22. Pingback: Very Underprepared in the Feeling Festive | FishWifey