The Photo Gallery: Nature

Acer Bloodgood

bloodgood acer
Autumn leaf

There is a tree in my garden that looks like this right now.
Almost surreal.
On the cusp of December, it’s leaves are the most vivid red; it’s stems almost black.
I look out from my kitchen window on my baren garden and this is the first sight which greets me. And it’s gorgeous.
Nature making sure that not everything in the garden is completely bleak at this time of year.
Note: It’s an Acer Bloodgood if anyone is interested. Plant one in your garden; you won’t regret it!

This post is for week 165 of The Photo Gallery: Nature.

If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

This entry was posted in The Gallery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to The Photo Gallery: Nature

1. @Jodiekins22 says:

Gorgeous colours, beautiful : )
    My recent post The Gallery … Nature

2. Funky Wellies says:

I love acers. Such amazing colours in the autumn. xx

3. Mirka Moore says:

Stunning colours ;0)
    My recent post The Gallery: Nature

4. sarahmo3w says:

That is absolutely beautiful! I’d never heard of acers until about two weeks ago, but seen a lot of posts on them lately. Think I need to invest in one for my new garden.

5. Charly Dove says:

Love love love Acers, they're just wonderful. Huge fan of the reds especially 🙂
    My recent post Nature’s Autumnal wonderland

6. maddydodo says:

Stunning! My parents have an Acer in their garden and it features in some of my wedding photos taken as we were leaving for the ceremony. It almost stole the show! You've made me realise what my garden is lacking *heads off to garden centre*
    My recent post frost

7. saveeverystep says:

Lush. My beautiful red one got too close to the bonfire on the 5th….ouch
    My recent post Nature is cool, man

8. spicers1976 says:

Beautiful colours

9. Lady Briggs says:

Great pictures Tara, I love Acer's 🙂
    My recent post Tha Gallery – Nature

10. Susan mann says:

What a stunning colour. Love it x

11. Pingback: The Gallery: Nature | Mymumdom

12. jacq says:

DH bought me 4 for my birthday this year and I've planted them in the front garden. But now they are just thin brown sticks so we'll have to see if they survive the winter 🙁
    My recent post The Gallery: Nature

13. Mummy Barrow says:

Always amazes me the range of colours that happen naturally. Staggering. And as you say, just when you thought the garden was about to hibernate this happens. Stunning colours.

14. bluebirdsunshine says:

Colour so vivid on bleak autumn days is enough to give me goosebumps. LOVE that last photo in particular, so striking!
    My recent post Nature

15. Such beautiful photos Tara. I had an acer in England and I loved it, unfortunately they are a bit too delicate for our Canadian Climate 🙁
    My recent post The Gallery – Nature

16. Wow, that is just fabulous! I will definitely have to try and track one of those down at the garden centre. I feel a little sad actually because here where I am we seem to have skipped autumn – one minute it was still like high summer and then suddenly a week ago we were plunged straight into grey winter days. *sigh* Oh well, thanks for the vicarious autumnal pleasures 🙂
    My recent post Nature

17. Pingback: The Gallery: Nature » The Go To Mum

18. Sarah Dawnay says:

Stunning pics! I am trying to cultivate a red leaved area outside my kitchen window. I have a photinia and a red witchhazel, but after two years of neglect and Db is now two (yes, there is a correlation) I am ready to go back to nurturing plants not just humans. I am inspired to take your advice!
    My recent post #oneweek Making time

19. michelletwinmum says:

I'm fixated with trees at the moment and your red one looks stunning. So glad I have moved to a 220 acre estate surrounded by woodland. Mich x
    My recent post Come walk with me – Autumn

20. Sara (@mumturnedmom) says:

At my next house I want an Acer! Just stunning. Love your photos, they really capture the intense red.
    My recent post #OneWeek – Autumn 2013: colour

21. Mrs darling says:

Beautiful! When my daughter had to collect some signs of autumn for school I took her to the walked garden in the woods nearby as I knew there was one of these there and she'd love the red! I will definitely be planting one when we have a garden of our own 🙂
    My recent post What a difference a few weeks makes…

22. Sarah says:

Absolutely stunning photos of a gorgeous tree!

23. Autumn rocks! Lil Sis thinks it's hilarious that the trees have all lost their 'clothes' and are now going nudie-rudies!!
    My recent post THE GALLERY (nature)

I love this colour of red. So gorgeous!
    My recent post Nature #TheGallery

25. K-Ville says:

Is that the one that moved house with you?
    My recent post Heartless Mother Nature

26. Stunning colour – we have one in our garden too – one of my favourites
    My recent post Nature – The Gallery

27. Sarahleaf08x says:

Really beautiful photos 🙂 x
    My recent post Our Autumn in pics.

28. HelpfulMum says:

I love these beautiful colours. It lifts my heart when I drive to university and look out the window at the amazing colours on the way!

29. Charmaine says:

beautiful! I love acers, in fact I photographed one in my Mum's garden earlier this week (and added it to the link-up here) x
    My recent post a sunny morning

30. Emma @ Helvetia says:

I love acers and the amazing colours. Loving the single leaf shot.
    My recent post The leader