The Photo Gallery 163: Halloween

carved pumpkin The Photo Gallery 163: Halloween

Yes the annual pumpkin has been carved.
Mia did the icky bits (scooping out the flesh and the seeds), Dan did the more grown up bits (carving). And there Jack sits in our porch warding off evil.

But I also have a couple of tips for you my kids would like to share.
Dan says prop your ‘lid’ up with toothpicks to ensure you don’t fill your lantern with black smoke or, indeed, cook the roof of your pumpkin.
I have NEVER done that in all the years I’ve been carving pumpkins. And it’s SO MUCH BETTER!
Mia says don’t waste the innards of your scooped out pumpkin. Make the seeds into funky necklaces as we did here with melon seeds.

Happy All Hallows’ Eve to you all.

This post is for week 163 of The Photo Gallery: Halloween.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

This entry was posted in Halloween, The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Photo Gallery 163: Halloween

1. mamasyder says:

Fab pumpkin & great tips! Happy Halloween!

2. My first ever Photo Gallery! Exciting times.
    My recent post A Crafting We Will Go

3. Great idea to prop the top up! Looking spooky!

4. sarahmo3w says:

Good tips from the kids there! Will take a leaf out of their books when we do ours later.

5. Louise says:

Love the toothpicks tip – I will be using that!

My recent post They Actually Work!

6. A Patchwork Life says:

great idea, always seem to cook our lids!
    My recent post Disco downer and easy-make mini Halloween figures

7. Jaime Oliver says:

propping the lid how clever is that! i would never of thought of doing that if i did one x
    My recent post Halloween Hell

8. Poor Mia, having to scoop out the icky bits from the middle is the worst bit! Great tips :)
    My recent post The Gallery – Halloween

9. Sarah says:

Fabulous pumpkin and great tip with the toothpicks too ;)
    My recent post The Photo Gallery | Halloween

Fab pumpkin! Happy Halloween!
    My recent post Halloween #TheGallery

11. Organised Penguin says:

Love the teeth and great toothpick up!
    My recent post The Gallery – Halloween

12. I wasn't going to post today but then we made a pumpkin, and I decided it needed recording for posterity :)
    My recent post Halloween 2013 – Angry Birds Pumpkin carving

13. Sara (@mumturnedmom) says:

Great pumpkin :) And that's a really good tip to prop the top up!
    My recent post The Gallery – Halloween

14. Adrienne says:

Loving everyones Halloween posts :)

My recent post . . . Happy Halloween

15. Charly Dove says:

Brilliant pumpkin Tara, fabulous joint effort and superb tips too. Please don't laugh at our first efforts or the lack of tea lights :)
    My recent post Halloween fun

16. Love your pumpkin, especially the fact that the kids carved it together! My boys did the scooping out but left me to do the carving… by which I mean, I snatched all the tools and had great fun doing the designs while they jumped up and down saying "is it finished yet?!"

17. what a fab idea! with being away etc. we left it late to get our own pumpkin…and then they had all sold out! gutted!
    My recent post somethings #10 {halloween…well, what else would it be this week?!}