The Photo Gallery 158: Faces

When your children grow up they stop letting you take a million cute photos of them.
They moan, refuse to smile, look bored, stick their tongue out, pose for ONE PHOTO AND THAT’S YOUR LOT.
I adore looking back at photos like this; grubby fingers, bit of food in her teeth, shielding the sun from her eyes as I stand on the steps above her and ask ‘can I take a picture, you look lovely?’
The response these days would be: ‘no. If you like how I look then just look’.
So this is a warning to all you parents out there happily snapping away; Make the most of it and enjoy it while you can!

This post is for week 158 of The Photo Gallery: Faces.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Photo Gallery 158: Faces

1. Liz says:

Gorgeous photo T. No 1 Son rarely let us take photos of him like this when he was younger, so the ones we did manage to capture we treasure x
    My recent post I’ve grown accustomed to this face

2. louisejedwards says:

Beautiful x
    My recent post Summer in Italy: Medieval night at Rocca San Felice

3. MummaG says:

Lovely photo x
    My recent post Faces

4. mummybarrow says:

So true. My three are well into that stage of refusing to be photographed. It saddens me but then I remember for the past 400 years I have been refusing to be photographed so I only have myself to blame really

Disclaimer the number of years above may be a slight exaggeration.

5. Jacq says:

So so true. I'm having to negotiate with the little buggers now if I want to take their photo!
    My recent post The Gallery: Faces

6. Christine says:

Beautiful photo!
    My Miss almost 7 loves getting her photo taken but she is a real face-puller!
    My recent post The Gallery – Blech!

7. saveeverystep says:

Those days when they still used to make their 'photo' face for you. Priceless!
    My recent post Isn’t he like his mother?

8. you got to love her for her response! bless her! great photo, as ever x
    My recent post so there’s this face…

9. HelpfulMum says:

What a beautiful photo. I definitely still get the photo face at the moment, which is probably as good as them saying no!
    My recent post The Photo Gallery – Faces

10. My post has a similar theme. I do miss them being younger and I could capture a beautiful pic with ease x
    My recent post Faces

11. Laura says:

Why have I only just come across your wonderful blog? I love it and hope to take part each and every week.
    My recent post All the photos taken before you get the perfect one….

12. Sarahleaf08x says:

I have to bribe my eldest to let me take his picture lol!

I joined in this week, yay! Lovely linky. x
    My recent post Faces (The many faces of us) #TheGallery

13. Tired Mummy of Two says:

It is so nice to go back and look at the old photos thanks for making me reminisce
    My recent post The Gallery Week 158: Faces

14. Sara (@mumturnedmom) says:

Gorgeous photo, such a natural shot. It really does get harder as they get older – although my 18mo does a good 'cheeeeese' grin already 🙂

Such a lovely photo. My 4 year old already hates getting her photo taken!
    My recent post Faces #TheGallery

16. Lou's Lake Views says:

I completely agree, photographing teenagers is an art form in itself, if you can get a decent shot without an eye roll and a 'really??' expression then you've done well! Gorgeous pic btw
    My recent post The Gallery – Face

17. bluebirdsunshine says:

That's a beautiful pic and a great reminder not to be so quick to put my son off when he asks me to take (the 700th) photo of him with his latest lego creation!
    My recent post Face Forward

18. Pingback: Summer in Italy: Medieval night at Rocca San Felice | My Gorgeous Boys - a Parenting Blog