The Photo Gallery 149: Into the Archives

Young TAra The Photo Gallery 149: Into the Archives

How much of your childhood do you remember?
I remember the roses in my nan’s garden pictured here. Picking them to make scented water with her. Lining the path which led to the bottom of her huge garden.
I remember at the end of the path we used to pitch a tent – the old style tents with a single pole at the entrance, where we would throw a blanket and eat a picnic lunch.
Just in front of me there was a grassy bank leading down from the back of the house, where we would roll down the hill, our arms glued to our sides and giggle and giggle and giggle.
I remember this dress and the matching necklace I made to wear with it out of plaited wool.
I remember all of this because of this photo and others like it.
So is that how my children will remember their early years? A series of photographs telling their story?
If that’s the case then it’s time to start snapping some more!

This post is for week 149 of The Photo Gallery: Into the Archives.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in Me, The Gallery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Photo Gallery 149: Into the Archives

1. saveeverystep says:

You're just teasing me with this nostalgia theme this week (!) so I've taken a different route…I'm sure we've all seen enough pics of my childhood by now!
    If your theme can help ANYONE realise the importance of preserving their childrens' memories, then it's a winner by me. Maybe my day job at SaveEveryStep can even help them to find a way to do it.

My recent post Into the School Archives

2. Suzanne says:

This looks like a very familiar snapshot Tara! Lovely to look back and reminisce over wonderful memories, the simple pleasures of life (minus the iphone screen!). Thanks for hosting :)
    My recent post The Changing Faces of Primary Life

3. Lovely photo! You look a lot like Mia. I know a lot if my memories are helped by photos too. Kids these days will be able to remember so much more as we take far more photos than our parents did :)

4. Notmyyearoff says:

Wow there's so much of your little girl in you…or so much of you in your little girl :)
    My recent post Dearest Toddler – 2 Years and 7 Months

5. spicers1976 says:

A picture of my past was put in front of me recently, great timing for this week's theme
    My recent post The Gallery 149 – Into The Archives

6. LauraCYMFT says:

Your son looks so like you I think. Lovely memories. I have such fond memories of my Gran's house and her rose bushes too!
    My recent post Into The Archives #TheGallery

7. Get you, you little fashionista, love the fact that you made a matching necklace! You are right photos are so important to prompt our memories, we should take more
    My recent post The Gallery – Into the Archives

8. MrsTeePot says:

What lovely memories. I remember through photos too. I think its really important to take lots of photos to make sure you can remember life.
    My recent post Into the archives

9. Pingback: The Gallery: Into The Archive - MyMumdom | MyMumdom

10. i love it how an old photo brings back soo many memories. great pic xx
    My recent post an oldie…of an oldie

11. Pingback: 13 Challenges – #12 / 8 Ceri & Kath | Julia's Place

12. Herding Cats says:

What lovely post. Lovely picture.
    My recent post The Gallery – Into The Archives

13. bluebirdsunshine says:

So much resemblance to Mia, more than just how you look but how you're sitting too! Love this week's theme, thanks for encouraging us to dig into the archives.

14. What a lovely photo, with such happy memories. It sounds a lot like my childhood and visits to my grandparents.

15. Sarahleaf08x says:

Aww, lovely photo!
    I linked up I'm new to this linky. :) xx
    My recent post Old pictures #TheGallery

16. I remember plaiting wool to make bracelets! Sometimes we made the bracelets by finger knitting. Your smile is still the same! :) A lovely photo!
    My recent post My First Photo Editing

17. Jaime Oliver says:

What really lovely memories that picture brings to you, i need to delve more into my mums stash! x
    My recent post My Weight Loss Journey Weeks 27 & 28

18. Caroljs says:

Doesn't your daughter look like you! Lovely picture
    My recent post The Gallery: Into the Archives