The Photo Gallery 148: Sun

IMG 4514 764x1024 The Photo Gallery 148: Sun

To me this epitomises everything that is good about summer in the UK.
Wearing shorts, hair blowing in the light breeze, walking barefoot through the grass while on a ramble in the countryside.
A shadow chases her, reminding us that the fierce sun is ever in our presence.
She returns home feet filthy, scratches on her legs from getting caught in brambles or stingers as she climbs a stile or a fence she’s not supposed to.
And a big smile on her face.

The sun is out in the UK at the moment and it’s something we’re really not used to given the weather over the past couple of years.
But BOY are we making the most of it.
(If I took my ‘big’ camera I wouldn’t be allowed to take photos like this, so I slip my phone in a pocket and that seems to be perfectly acceptable!)

This post is for week 148 of The Photo Gallery: Sun.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to The Photo Gallery 148: Sun

1. Jaime Oliver says:

Tara what a really beautiful shot and totally encapsulated the sun to me x
    My recent post The Gallery – Sun

2. saveeverystep says:

That's the beauty of the mobile phone these days though – I often just take that instead of the little camera. I like the rawness of the shots it gives sometimes.
    My recent post Feeling the heat

3. Kara says:

That is a lovely photo and I love the message…….nothing better than running free in the summer sunshine
    My recent post The Gallery – Sun

4. That is a really lovely photo – looks very tranquil too. Nothing like a summery day!
    My recent post Meeting Fernando One Sunny Day

5. Pingback: The Gallery:Sun - MyMumdom | MyMumdom

6. Louise says:

I must say I have really got interested in shadows recently. A breeze makes the sun ok for me.

7. Charly Dove says:

What a fabulous photo Tara – it looks beautiful there. I just love sunny days :)
    My recent post Sun

8. Herding Cats says:

Such a beautiful picture. We have been spoilt with the sunshine lately.
    My recent post The Gallery – Sun

9. There really is nothing better than the British countryside in the sunshine, so glad you finally got some! Such a pretty shot
    My recent post The Gallery- Sun

10. The Fool says:

Oh I agree, I also love getting out early in the morning when it's still fresh but you can just feel the heat that is coming.
    My recent post The Gallery – Sun

11. Pingback: Sun | bluebirdsunshine

12. bluebirdsunshine says:

Aaaah, pure summer joy. Love your photo and I'm going to love looking through people's pics today, what better theme than sun!

Couldn't agree with you more :)
    My recent post Sun #TheGallery

14. jenny paulin says:

i completely agree with your sentiments here Tara. i love walking bare foot across the warm grass in the sun shine. x

15. Lakes Mum says:

Classic summer photo
    My recent post #TheGallery Sun

16. I just wish everyday could be a barefoot ramble kind of day! Long may our shadows chase us :-)

17. TheBoyandMe says:

The Boy has taken to barefoot play as well, it's so nice to feel the grass between your toes. Thanks for hosting.
    My recent post The Gallery: Sun

18. Lovely sense of freedom and peace in this delightful photo!

My Mornington Peninsula world in Australia is a Winter world right now, but we still have our sunny days.
    My recent post Winter Sun

19. redrosemummy says:

This is a beautiful shot and captures the moment beautifully. My son has gone feral in the sunshine and runs around all day with just shorts and a cap on, no t-shirt, no shoes or socks (with lots of sun cream obviously) There's no better feeling than cool grass between your toes on a baking hot day though.
    My recent post The Gallery: Sun

20. ginacaro says:

That's a great photo considering you took it on a phone! My photos from my phone are rubbish, I think I should upgrade!

21. That is such a gorgeous photo. Thank you for such a great subject this week, I hope it persuades the sun to stick around ;-)

22. waka network says:

Love your photo. It's absolutely stunning!

23. Pingback: The Gallery : Sun - Bad Fiction | Bad Fiction