The Photo Gallery 147: Green

grass and skyEvery afternoon, after picking Mia up from school, this is the sight that greets us as we head for home.
Every day I stop at the T-junction in front of it and marvel. I love the lines which show where the tractor has made it’s monotonous run. I love the lines which cross the sky as the power cables make their way down the hill.
But most of all I love that right there at the top of the grassy hill, right where the green meets the blue of the sky, there could be anything just about to come over that horizon.
Cows, sheep, hikers, a droid army battalion together with their metalic, hovering battle ships.
What? Too much Star Wars?!

This post is for week 147 of The Gallery: Green.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to The Photo Gallery 147: Green

1. Catherine Graham says:

What a beautiful photo! I absolutely love green….every shade of it ๐Ÿ™‚
    My recent post The Colour of Life

2. Lady Briggs says:

Stunning picture this week Tara! ๐Ÿ™‚
    My recent post The Gallery – Green

3. I like your imagination! Lovely picture!

4. jenny paulin says:

that is a cracking photo! that green bgrash looks so lush and makes me just want to run through it and maybe even hide in its long blades! great sky shot too x

5. That looks so lush – is it wrong I imagined Teletubbies coming over that horizon?
    My recent post Green

6. It’s stunning, but so simple. And I bet it looks slightly different every day, with subtle changes in the sky and the grass.

7. oh the green green grass of home, eh?!
    My recent post hmm…something green…

8. Sarah says:

I love the simplicity of this and the boldness of the green, contrasting against the blue sky with fluffy clouds. It's beautiful and makes me want to 'run'! Just lovely.
    My recent post The Photo Gallery | Green

9. Mirka Moore says:

Lovely picture, just feel like running and lying down in the grass.
    My recent post The Gallery: Green

10. It looks like velvet ๐Ÿ™‚
    My recent post Green

Gorgeous. I just want to run in it. I'd sneeze a lot but it would be worth it.
    My recent post Green #TheGallery

12. Herding Cats says:

What a gorgeous scene. I bet it makes the school run worthwhile.
    My recent post The Gallery – Green

13. Christine says:

That looks incredible!
    My recent post The Gallery – A beautiful city

14. You can't beat the english countryside when the sun's shining, very pretty

15. Pingback: The Gallery: Green - MyMumdom | MyMumdom

16. Mother Goutte says:

Beautiful picture. And I love what thoughts it inspired too !

17. Fab photo – the green looks so lush – love the clouds too.
    My recent post Macro Monday

18. artmusedog says:

Lovely blog and wonderful photography ~ I am new to The Gallery ~ enjoying all the creative works ~ Happy Day to you ~ carol ^_^

19. Jenny Smith says:

I'd like to think it'll be the JCB display team coming over the top – hmmm, maybe that doesn't paint the best picture of me?!
    My recent post Yemen Chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus)

20. Emily says:

Beautiful – I want to run through it going 'swishy swashy' like in The Bear Hunt ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

21. Charly Dove says:

I love this photo – just beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚
    My recent post Green

22. Debbie says:

Beautiful! Hard not to be cheered by that sight.

23. Pingback: A Little Bit of Green | Travel with Intent

24. onlybestforbaby says:

I love the contrast of the vivid green with the blue and white sky, beautiful view!
    My recent post The Photo Gallery: Green

25. If customers perceive you as a low cost provider in the vehicles
    you sell then over time your brand can become
    devalued. In these cases, finance corporations and dealers team up to
    finance loans that are sometimes too dicey for banks or
    different lending establishments to shoulder by themselves at
    affordable rates and terms. She has been liaising with Bahamian authorities on new legislation soon to come into
    effect, and is on course to become a partner next year.
    montovo car finance recently posted…montovo car financeMy Profile