The Photo Gallery: The Weekend

picnic in the sunshine

When the sun comes out the first thing my kids want to do is eat outside.
It’s like the food tastes better when eaten on a picnic rug placed just so on the grass with the sun warming up your ice cold drink.
They sit and chat, doing their impression of what they think adults do when they chew the fat.
AndΒ I’m sure if they knew what it meant, they’d extend that little pinkie while nibbling on a sandwich triangle for added effect.

This post is for for week 141 of The Gallery: The Weekend.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribeΒ to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Photo Gallery: The Weekend

1. Mama Owl says:

We enjoyed our BBQ out on the blanket in the garden too, it was a wonderful weekend and it looks like you had a good one too! πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Weekend #theGallery

2. I love picnic food – especially cold chicken. It is true – it tastes SO much better outside!
    My recent post The Weekend

We haven't had picnic weather yet but when it comes, we'll definitely outside eating our sandwiches. Yum! Lovely photo.
    My recent post The Weekend #TheGallery

4. What a lovely photo πŸ™‚ You can’t beat eating out in the sun. We had our first picnic of the year at the weekend too and realised we probably didn’t have any last year πŸ™

5. we did exactly the same. i'm sure mine eat better when outside…weird! great pic. gorgeous kids!
    My recent post the last minute plans are always the best…: #bedm

6. SaveEveryStep family stories says:

Loving the mirror sunnies!

7. Christine says:

My daughter loves picnics too! Very nice at this time of year (Autumn here) but I can live without the flies in summer πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Gallery – A lovely weekend

8. Emma says:

Rocking those shades! We love to eat outside too x
    My recent post The weekend

9. jacqwat says:

Ours love a picnic too. Even just in our back yard or the local park.
    My recent post The Gallery: The Weekend

10. Herding Cats says:

Wonderful picture. Same as my kids, as soon as the sun is out it's picnic weather.
    My recent post The Gallery – The Weekend

11. Lous Lake Views says:

That's a lovely natural photo Tara and I totally agree with the kids – food tastes better when you eat outside πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Gallery – The Weekend

12. SusanKMann says:

Food does taste better outside πŸ˜‰ Lovely picture x
    My recent post The Gallery 141 – The Weekend

13. fivegoblogging says:

Nothing beats a good picnic and if it's raining, a carpet picnic will do!
    Love the sunglasses πŸ™‚
    My recent post Weekend

14. Pingback: Circle of Life | Faded Seaside Mama

15. I love it when they're playing at being grown-ups, even if it makes me sad as I know that in no time they will no longer be children anymore. Thanks for a great theme this week!

16. I love a good picnic and Dan's shades are super cool! Mich x
    My recent post Reasons to be Cheerful – week 19, year 3 #R2BC

17. My Two Mums says:

Loving the shades. Very summery.
    My recent post The weekend is family time.

18. JallieDaddy says: