The Photo Gallery: New

IMG_4182

The rugby season is over and Dan and his friend needed a new outlet for their aggression energy.
So clearly boxing is the way forward. Thanks for that husband.

The husband has spent a lot of time coaching and guiding and showing how to punch safety and how to punch effectively. How to maximise effort, how to stand properly, how to stay on your toes and how to jab jab jab, how to work on core strength.

Then the boys put the gloves on and their head guards and all training flies out the window as they giggle and bear-hug their way through a boxing session.
I have NEVER heard such laughter.
So while I initially baulked at the thought of the pair of them turning into pugellists, this new pastime seems the perfect way to exercise their laughter. So I’m all for it.
At least for now . . .

This post is for for week 141 of The Gallery: New.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too, though it’s not a requirement.
And you could also subscribeΒ to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in Dan & Mia, Sport, The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Photo Gallery: New

1. Dawn Hart says:

A brilliant outlet for boys x
    My recent post Mumbo Jumbo and Voodoo

2. Thats an excellent hobby for a boy with a lot of energy. OH and I were pondering how soon we could put our very very very very toddler into kiddie football (he's 2!) πŸ™‚
    My recent post A New Project

3. saveeverystep says:

Teaches great discipline and strength. Perfect in my book. We also have the gloves and pads. When I feel the need for an aggression outburst, I make my 6 year old catch a few punches….

4. Pingback: The Gallery: New | MyMumdom

5. Emma says:

Great hobby and so much fun! I used to do kick boxing and I loved it. x
    My recent post A New Part of Me

6. Christine says:

They look very happy!
    My recent post The Gallery – A new craft

7. Herding Cats says:

They certainly looks to be enjoying it!
    My recent post The Gallery – New

8. Lous Lake Views says:

In the days before being a mum to teenage boys I used to be quite against boxing on principal. I didn't like the idea of training boys to beat each other. That all changed as my boys got older, they enrolled in a Karate class that taught them discipline, respect, self defence and provided an outlet for hormonal aggression, when they're not giggling of course πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Gallery – New

9. rugby and boxing – ain't nobody gonna mess with your boy!
    My recent post new shoes

10. Jaime Oliver says:

Love it! i think you have a whole load of trouble now they can fight back!! they will never do their chores again!
    My recent post The Gallery: New

11. SusanKMann says:

Looks like he's having fun x
    My recent post The Gallery 142 – New

Loving the gloves and head gear! Could he be the next Rocky Balboa?!
    My recent post Explaining Death to your Children

13. HelpfulMum says:

Great picture! I reckon I would enjoy boxing (if I had any spare time)!

14. Pingback: Kangaroo Care Awareness Day and The Gallery: New | mummypinkwelliesmummypinkwellies