The Photo Gallery: Walks

Dog walk with Vizsla Vizsla

This is me every morning. Dog walking.
Whatever the weather; rain, shine or biting icy winds.
Sure I’ll have a good moan about it if it’s miserable out there and all I want to do is be at home with a cup of tea in my hands.
But I actually love it. Love that it’s made us go out more as a family; walking, walking, walking. Discovering new places, seeing new things, getting a blast of fresh air into our lungs.

This was me and the dog last week – the undergrowth is so rich and earthy that he totally blends in.
There was a slight unearthly mist hanging in the air and the birdsong was loud and clear.
I wouldn’t get to see beauty like this if I was indoors with a cup of tea now would I?!

This post is for for week 135 of The Gallery: Walks.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too.
And you could also subscribeΒ to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in The Gallery and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to The Photo Gallery: Walks

1. I love that early morning misty feeling – its only something I really see when I'm rushing to work or when I'm on holiday.

2. Sarah says:

Stunning photographs of your gorgeous dog. Wonderful to have such an inspiring friend in your home to make you get out the door, whatever the weather, and feel alive! Fabulous πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Gallery | Walk

3. My post appears to be very similar today – dog walking is usually a pleasure, on occasion a chore (especially this week in the biting cold winds!). Definitely forced us into the outdoors though which is always a good thing.
    My recent post Our Tree – The Gallery

4. JallieDaddy says:

Beautiful pics, & a beautiful dog πŸ™‚

5. Kara says:

You’re dog is so handsome.
    Sometimes I wish we had one but the problem with where we live is that they’re not allowed on many of the walks we like – especially in the summer!!
    I shall just walk the kids instead!!

6. Gorgeous! He really does blend in. We don’t have a dog, but I still think walking is essential to our health and happiness.

7. Mama Syder says:

Lovely photos, gorgeous dog. I miss walking my Luna.
    My recent post The Gallery – Walks

8. helloitsgemma says:

I've never wanted a dog but on the occasions I've minded a friends – I love dog walking. There is something nice about being alone but not being alone.
    He is a handsome fella your dog.
    My recent post Take a Boy for a Walk

9. funkywellies says:

I am very much looking forward to taking our dog on our walks too. πŸ˜€

10. Christine says:

You have managed to make walking a dog look like it could be quite lovely!
    My recent post The Gallery – Walking along the Walk of Fame

11. Lous Lake Views says:

Beautiful photo's, I love forest walks they are so serene
    My recent post The Gallery – Walks

Beautiful pictures. It looks like he is really enjoying his walk too.
    My recent post Walks #TheGallery

13. fivegoblogging says:

Who could not love walking in that environment? Stunning woods you've got there!
    My recent post Walking

14. he's so handsome!…but has he kicked his poop at you yet?! haa!
    My recent post if only every monday was like this…

15. SusanKMann says:

Gorgeous pictures. x

16. Jaime Oliver says:

So pleased that this theme is just want i needed! fantastic pictures tara and what a beautiful dog! x
    My recent post The Gallery: Walks

17. (Mostly)YummyMummy says:

I always love your photos from your walks. I must admit that I'm not much of a dog lover but that boy of yours just melts my heart he is SO handsome πŸ™‚
    My recent post What I Wore Wednesday

18. Pingback: The Gallery - walks - Mutterings of a Fool

19. The Fool says:

The place you go to walk looks fab, walking in the woods is such fun, most of my walks at the moment are beautiful but up on the ridgeway so exposed and definitely no woods!
    My recent post The Gallery – walks

20. Pingback: We got there in the end - delayed walking development in toddlers Mother's Always Right

21. Molly says:

Your dog is SO handsome. I always admire your dog walking pics on Instagram. I must admit, I'm a fair weather dog walker. If I'm in the mood, I'll join my neighbour for a stroll with her black labrador, or occasionally walk him on my own. If it's raining though, I'm a bit of a wimp.
    My recent post Walking with clouds

22. Misty says:

Dogs are the perfect excuse to get out and get a good walk! You're dog is beautiful too. Lovely photos
    My recent post The Gallery – Walks

23. Jodiekins22 says:

Gorgeous and such beautiful colours πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Gallery … Walks

24. onlybestforbaby says:

Beautiful photos. Your dog is gorgeous! That's one very happy dog πŸ™‚
    My recent post The Photo Gallery: Walks

25. Pingback: Walks - |

26. Ali says:

Love your gorgeous dog, what a handsome boy he is πŸ™‚ Inspired by the title I joined in this week after nearly two years of meaning to!!! Well better late to the party than not all all…..

Now to look around to see what everyone else has done, for the next few days πŸ™‚
    My recent post Walks

27. Mammasaurus says:

I miss my little Frinkle. She was our Springer that died at only 9 months old from a mystery illness. Your photos have brought back some happy woodland walk memories that we had with her.

What a stunning dog you have x
    My recent post Holly – Walk

28. Prettygoodlife says:

Fab pics, as ever, and waves of empathy,
    My recent post Walks

29. Pingback: The Crap Mama Walk | Losing My Lemons

30. Beautiful dog! And you're so right, it's lovely to be outside, and it makes you appreciate only more the cup of tea back home!

31. familyfourfun says:

Love these pictures – your dog is stunning! Xx
    My recent post A bit of sun…