The Photo Gallery: Red

homework1 1024x685 The Photo Gallery: Red

Mia and I had an argument yesterday morning. A really silly, pointless, upsetting argument.
We made the drive to school almost in silence – she sat next to me scribbling in her notebook like she always does. But this time with no chattering or giggling or sharing.
It really upset me.

As we got to the school gate and I kissed her on the forehead, she said she had something urgent to tell me: As soon as she’s gone into the playground, I’m to get back in the car and read her notebook; look for the last page she was writing on.

I almost skip to the car because I know it’s going to be something that brightens my day; lifts the gloom of the argument hanging over our heads.
She has a gift for doing that; of making a sad moment melt away with a joke or a daft story or a few sentences.
And sure enough it’s a note which reads: ‘I just don’t want you to be upset. SORRY MUM. Love from Mia Grace Tomato Face. See you later’.

After school we come home and she wants us to do something together. And she picks sums. Because that is her happy place.
So we sit at the kitchen table together and think up more and more difficult sums and she has her Concentrating Face on and we’re both happy.

This post is for for week 134 of The Gallery: Red. The red here is Mia’s school uniform which perfectly matches her fiery temper!
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!

You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too.
And you could also subscribe to this blog to make sure you never miss a theme; they are posted here every Friday.

And don’t forget, this blog URL has changed so if you want to grab a new Gallery Code go visit here.

This entry was posted in The Gallery. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to The Photo Gallery: Red

1. UleyGirl says:

And red is for tomato face ;)

2. playspotter says:

Aw that's great, hope my wee girls turn out as thoughtful as her! Thanks for sharing… and I'm very excited to be the first contributor this week!
    My recent post Red is all around me…

3. We regularly have horrid mornings like this (11 year old girl in the house!!) and it is upsetting. I often get a little note on my pillow before going to bed, along similar lines. I treasure those 'sorry notes', they are quite special. Hope the evening was better :)
    My recent post A First Time for Everthing – The Gallery

4. Pingback: Red is all around me… | playspotter

5. playspotter says:

Oh boo hoo – can't believe I messed up the link – second attempt should work!
    My recent post Red is all around me…

6. Notmyyearoff says:

She sounds feisty and very lovely all at the same time :)

7. Mrs Darling says:

What a gorgeous thing to do, I hope that my girls will be that thoughtful of me as they grow older. And I LOVE that she scribbles in her notebook on the way to school! :)
    My recent post Red

8. Susan Mann says:

Aww that’s lovely x

9. I love this post, what a lovely way for her to apologise. Coincidentally I’ve gone for red school uniform this week too.

10. A lovely Story and way to say sorry <3 x
    My recent post RED #TheGallery

11. onlybestforbaby says:

That is so sweet and I love 'Mia Grace Tomato Face'!
    My recent post The Photo Gallery: Red

12. How lovely! Love what she calls herself! x
    My recent post The Gallery: Red

13. Aww that is so sweet! I bet it cheered you up no end :) x

14. Pingback: The Gallery: Red | MyMumdom

15. wendy says:

aww that is so lovely xx
    My recent post #The Gallery – Red

Aww that is very sweet :)
    My recent post Ben 10 Omni-Kit Feedback – Review

17. Lous Lake Views says:

Aww bless her, girls are so lovely like that, I've got two stinky boys and they would never do something like that! :-D
    My recent post The Gallery-Red

18. nuttycow says:

Awwww.

(wow, I can't believe I, hard hearted cynical woman I am, went aww over that!)

She's a cutie.

19. Mammasaurus says:

Ah!!!! Mia Grace Tomato Face!
    My recent post Red

20. fivegoblogging says:

What a wonderful message and nickname. Thank goodness it was a nice one. Knowing my eldest, I would have got a telling off for being bossy or something.
    My recent post Red

21. HelpfulMum says:

Great post. I love that she is so into maths. I think I was too around that age. I wish I still was!

22. Prettygoodlife says:

That is the loveliest post. It is so real – the details that make motherhood so priceless.
    My recent post Red

23. its nice when they do things like this, and if a note is her way then it is much better than bottling it up. Love the nickname.

24. familyfourfun says:

Such a lovely little note, E is always posting sorry notes down the stairs if he's sent to his room :))
    My recent post Master…

25. Kara says:

Love the look of concentration!!

26. It’s so sad to have an argument just before parting ways but how wonderful that she leaves you notes in her notebook! Red as a fiery temper and very full heart? ;)

I’m linking up here for the first time! Thank you for hosting. xx

27. This is so sweet and i love how she calls herself Tomato face.
    Here's my FIRST effort:
    My recent post Red Crocs

28. Pingback: PODcast | Red | PODcast

29. Alison Johnson says:

I still have a note that I wrote to my mother, as a child, apologizing for an argument we had. Actually it was very similar to the one Mia wrote. It truly makes you realize how alike we all are, underneath it all.. I haven't received a sorry note from my son at this stage, but I daresay it will happen at some point! Anyway – thanks for sharing! I enjoyed the article and she sounds like a real sweetheart :)
    My recent post Guide to Buying a Stroller