Bloggers of the Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean ambassadors1 1024x685 Bloggers of the Royal Caribbean

Yes, yes, it’s rather a lame attempt at parodying the Pirates of the Caribbean movie title!
But last week I was given the amazing opportunity to experience and share my opinion of a Royal Caribbean cruise.
I know, right?!
Myself and five other parenting bloggers had been asked to become ambassadors for the brand – to share our thoughts and photographs and to be the online voice of Royal Caribbean cruises.
All pretty amazing and I’ll tell you all about my journey in the weeks to come. Hint: It involves horse riding in the sea, a private beach, speaking patois and lots and lots and lots of fun. Oh and food, lots and lots of amazing food. And rum.

Royal Caribbean said the aim of their #RoyalMums campaign is to raise awareness of cruising for families, to dispel the myths many have about this sort of holiday and to help spread the word.
And oh BOY did they dispel the myths for me. It is totally on my wish list to take the whole family and have them sit on deck as the sea stretches out before you.

But for now I wanted to share this photo, taken on the dock just before we went through customs to board the Liberty of the Seas. It perfectly represents what is good about brands who engage in this sort of targeted blogger outreach; a small group of very different family bloggers all with a strong online voice who come together and bond over a shared experience.
Every year I thank the heavens that I started this blog back in 2008. And every year I make deeper and more amazing friendships through the opportunities it affords me.
So to my fellow travellers (from left) Erica from Little Mummy, Liz from The Mum Blog, Laura from Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy, me, Becky from English Mum and Karin from Cafe Bebe I say it’s been emotional. In a very good and positive way.

RCI mums blog badge 150x150 Bloggers of the Royal Caribbean

This entry was posted in Blogs, Family Holiday, Luxury Getaways, Travel and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Bloggers of the Royal Caribbean

1. sarahdazjc says:

oh wow Tara how very exciting and aazing can't wait to see your photos!!
    My recent post Spring Cleaning

2. Liz says:

Bless. Love you Tara Lara x
    My recent post Like Torvill and Dean, but not.

3. Love the title! ;) Happy for you you had such a blast – with or without ice skates on your feet! – and looking forward to the posts. xx

4. What a FAB picture of all of us as we started off on our amazing adventure! I thank you for being so lovely and welcoming too. Looking forward to your posts!

Irie mon,

Karin xx

5. Potty Mummy says:

Very much looking forward to reading the posts!

Sounds amazing. A cruise is something I'd love to go on. I saw Buddy from Cake Boss make a cake for a cruise ship and it looked just so much fun. Flumes and pools and play areas! Wow. You all look very excited and I can't wait to read all about your trip!
    My recent post Funny Things My Kids Say #19

7. English Mum says:

Ah wasn't it fab? I love that picture (although Laura's hubby has just commented about my somewhat wayward hair!). Love you lots x

8. eggdipdip says:

Can't wait to hear of your adventures. Never fancied a cruise, but I'm willing to have my mind changed

9. louisejedwards says:

Great photo – sounds like you have had an awesome time! x
    My recent post Discovery Pass Giveaway! #weloveforests

10. Coombemill says:

What an amazing opportunity! No wonder you said you were missing the sun. All makes sense now!
    My recent post Spring Preparations On The Farm!

11. Miss_Biggun says:

Ooooo lucky you. You will have a great time..

We always sail Royal Caribbean, they are the best there is, the entertainment is excellent and the food is second to none. It is the most amazing holiday you will ever have.

The only down side is the tip system they operate, every time someone swipes your card for a service, they point out where you add the tip. If they do that then I don't bother, I only tip those that don't ask.

Then the last 3 or 4 days of the cruise they go on and on about who you must tip before you leave. If you do what they want you to do, it can cost 2 people around an extra £500 on the last night depending on the ship.

Don't be pressured used the envelope option and only tip if you want to.

Have a great time, we are off on our next one in September…B)
    My recent post Day Three ~ Innocence ~ #BlogFlash2013

12. i saw a lot of the instagram pics and it looks and sounds like cruise is the way to go!!
    My recent post dear february // annwyl chwefror

13. waka network says:

Beautiful! Looks your having a great time.
    My recent post Men, Choose the Right Flower

14. richmondmummy says:

Wow, you lucky things – how exciting! Look forward to hearing all about it, I've never thought about going on a cruise before but I'd be interested to hear your views on it as a family holiday experience x

15. Pingback: Tots100 Parent Blog Brand Panel: Issue 4 | Tots 100