Things I love about autumn:
- The colours. Mother Nature totally showing off.
- Conkers. I just can’t resist stuffing my coat pockets with handfuls of the things and leaving them lying in interesting piles around the house.
- Boots. I have a bit of a thing for boots; wellies, knee highs, ankle.
- Also knee-high socks. Thick ones that look like something your grandma would covet.
- That silence as you arrive in the woods and it’s cold and crisp and bright and peaceful.
- The sunlight as it filters through the branches of the trees, making the place feel otherworldly.
- Masses and masses and masses of leaves. The ones in the parks you can jump into the middle of, not the ones sitting outside my front door eager to get in the minute I open it.
This post is for for week 122 of The Gallery: Autumn.
If you’re new and want to know what The Gallery is, go and read here, and then come right back and join in!
You can also pick up The Gallery code if you want too.
And you could also subscribe to make sure you never miss a theme, which is posted every Friday.
Now go forth and show some big blog love. Visit other bloggers, comment on their post if you feel moved to do so, and be inspired.
This virtual gallery of photographs is about enjoying each other’s work, so go make someone’s day. You will get out of this whatever you put in.
The link stays open until Tuesday so you have plenty of time to join in.
And absolutely ANYONE can join in.