The inaugural conference for women who blog.
Fashion bloggers, parenting bloggers, foodies, beauty bloggers – whatever your passion, we were there to chat and learn and celebrate this joyous thing we’ve all taken into our lives.
I visited interesting sessions, met old friends, made new ones, had my bust size measured (random, I know!) – I was even lucky enough to have been asked to speak by organiser Sian (I spoke alongside other bloggers Kellie from Big Fashionista and Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter).
And now the dust has settled, I’ve had a cup of tea and reflected on the day, here is what I can tell you about CybHer 2012;
- It was fabulous to be in one place surrounded by so many amazing and at times utterly inspiring women.
- Blogging is wonderful. I’ve been doing it for more than four years and, like a love affair, we’ve had our ups and downs, but it’s most definitely love.
- If there is one thing I would want everyone to have taken from CybHer (and specifically my session) is blog for yourself, do it for the love of it – not the cash – discover your voice and stick with it no matter what anyone says.
- Buy Half The Sky; a book the speakers in the Blogging for Good session said will change your life. They spoke so passionately about it I ordered one from Amazon while I was sat right there in the room.
- Then go and visit this photographer’s website: Someone Once Told Me. Mario Cacciottolo took the CybHer photography session, but his current passion is asking people to write a phrase down that someone once told them and photographing it. Or you can photograph it yourself and send it in, together with an explanation of who said it and why. Such a really simple but poignant idea; visit the site you will be hooked.
- Finally, when you get a bunch of women together, they don’t bitch or whine or moan. They inspire and make things happen.
Organiser Sian with her daughter Biba
Some people just don’t know when to call it a night . . . *ahem*