The rules according to an 8 year old:
- Plan ahead. Make sure you know where your ‘dens’ are. Behind mum is usually the best one because no one DARES fire at her.
- Suit up. Don’t worry about what you look like, if you’re going to win you need to take it seriously. So wear your dressing gown: vast, valuable pockets to squirrel copious amounts of ammo in.
Sure you look at bit of a chump racing around the house in your jeans and your dressing gown, but if you’re winning who cares?
- Never underestimate the enemy. Sure your little sister looks like a pushover, but when she’s got you pinned down in the corner of the kitchen and unleashes hell on the top of your head with a volley of bullets, well, more fool you.
She’s only 5 but she’s deadly.
- Use daft voices to put the opposition off. “Oozie 9mm” in an Arnie voice works a charm. Or try “on my mark, unleash helllllll”in a gruff, angry voice. Suddenly daddy’s wasted youth spent watching violent movies pays off.
- Finally.Never EVER give dad your new Nerf Barricade gun. With compact design, 10-dart revolving barrel, whistler bullets and WAY COOL motorised firing. You keep that baby to yourself.
We were sent the Nerf Barricade gun (above left) by Toys R Us as part of their Toyologist programme. As you can tell, we had quite a lot of fun with it!
Nerf Barricade MREV-10, £17.99