During the month of April, my children will be at school for just 8 days.
That a whole lot of entertaining/days outs/picnic lunches.
And as our two-week break finishes today, we did it; we made it through.
And we had the best time.
So here it is . . .
With special thanks to the PRs who helped make our April half term break a blast by kindly sending us:
- The Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader Blu-Ray DVD which my 5 year old ADORES (except for the sea serpent bit which she has to hide behind a sofa for). She now wants a giant lion as a pet.
- The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Blu-Ray DVD, another film we loved and which my 8 year old called a ‘horror’! (It’s not). But we’re eager beavers to see the final instalment at the cinema now.
- The yummy cheese and crackers hamper from Ryvita, which went down a storm at an evening BBQ at friends’ where four slightly drunken men scoffed the lot and made ‘mmmm’ noises over their new Crackers for Cheese right before challenging each other to a push-up contest. Rolls eyes
- A gorgeous orange plant from Innocent. Just because.
- A VIP invite to Drayton Manor Theme Park to be one of the first to try out their new rollercoaster ride Ben 10: Ultimate Mission (and giving the children a Ben 10 sweat jacket in the hottest week of the year, which my 5 year old will not take off!)
- Tickets to Ragley Hall’s Narnia-themed Easter weekend in which we lounged around and picnic’d like it was the height of summer (it isn’t).
We had a real blast. But I’m glad they’re back at school today. I’m worn out.