. . . according to my children.
Yes I asked them, because I was in need of a boost and there is nothing finer than indulging yourself in the warm glow of your kids when you’re feeling flat.
So I asked them, what are the things that I do which make you happy.
Here are their answers:
- I let them eat chocolate for breakfast
(I only did this at Christmas but they seem to see it as a year-round thing).
- I play wrestling and don’t pretend to lose.
(That’ll be because I am Competitive Mum).
- I know all the words to The Flintstones theme tune.
(And Scooby Doo. And The Muppets. And The Hairbear Bunch).
- I am ace at helping build Lego figures.
(According to my son, I’d be even better if I stopped taking over ALL THE TIME).
- I still give piggybacks
(and let me tell you, my kids aren’t light)
- I let my 8 year old have a friend for sleepover two nights in a row
(A big ole mistake on my part; I thought they’d been arranged for consecutive weeks not the same bloody weekend!)
- I’ll play Bakugan
(Oh god! If you have a son of Bakugan age, run run RUN away)
- I cook roast dinners – and not just on a Sunday
- I let them give me a makeover using my make up
(And end up looking like I’ve been mugged)
- “You spend lots of time with us even when we know you’ve got washing and stuff to do . . . “