* A cup of piping hot tea to start the day.
* Warm evenings sat in the back garden watching butterflies flit by.
* Running wild and free through long grass in the fields near our house.
* Camping with trust-you-with-anything friends.
* Homegrown fruit and veg. That actually look and taste like they should do and not like they were created in a lab at the back of the supermarket.
* All of us singing at the top of our voices in the car with the windows open. Current tracks of choice: Pink’s So What and Duran Duran’s Rio. Really really loud.
* Wearing flip flops everywhere.
* Picnics in the woods followed by a game of cricket.
* Massive homemade ice cream sundaes (or Saturdays or Mondays . . . ) with sauce and crushed meringue and sprinkles.
* Impromptu barbecues.
I also opened this question up to Twitter and asked ‘what things do you love about summer?’
Here were some of the responses:
@LottieLoves1: The smell of mown grass and sound of lawnmowers and combine harvesters.
@Cafebebe: Pimms, it staying light until 10pm.
@CateP36: Warm nights, chilled wine, being able to sit outside til all hours in a tshirt and not feel cold
@SnafflesMummy: Ice cream, strawberries and alfresco naughtiness
@PinkRaver: The smells! The smell of flowers on a warm summer evening, the smell of freshly cut grass, even the smell of summer rain!
@EnglishMum: Strawberries, raspberries, fresh peas from the pod, fresh salads, potato salad and chilled rose.
@CosmicGirlie: BBQs, Pimms, paddlings pools, bare baby feet on the grass, picnics…
@Kateab: Light nights, warm weather, eating outside, soft fruits, pimms, outdoor events.
@CareyAnnie: BBQs ice cream camping, swimming in the sea, late nights, sunshine, cream teas, days out, flip flops, shorts, sailing, travelling<
@BrightonMumTeen: Light evenings, BBQ, the beach, Birkenstocks
@Blissfulmumblog: Being able to open the doors after breakfast & letting the boys play in the garden all day!
What would you add?