I want toddler logic to be my logic

Nana: “Do you like your new ballerina outfit? You look really pretty in it. Is that what you’d like to be when you grow up, a ballerina?”
Mia: “No. When I grow up I want to be a monster.”

Me: “Wear your blue dress with the white spots on.”
Mia: “NO! I look disgusting in that dress.”
Me: “You look like a lovely little girl in that dress.”
Mia: “Exactly!”

This entry was posted in Family Life. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I want toddler logic to be my logic

1. TheMadHouse says:

Ah yes. Never tell MaxiMad that he is looking smart, Oh no. also he goes to the hairdresser and asks for a messey cut!!

2. Mandi says:

Mia's is a young lady after my own heart. Her comment about the blue spotty dress reminds me ofmy response to Mum's favourite party dress for me (burgundy velvet with a lace pilgrim collar – still shudder at the thought).

That right there is child abuse Mandi – burgundy velvet with pilgrim collar? Shudder

It took me 6 years to finally get my son to a hairdresser, now he's all vain and wants to go exactly every 6 weeks. Think it might have something to do with the young pretty girl who cuts his hair mind …

5. beta mum says:

I had to learn to stop telling my daughter she looked "pretty".
    When she got to about 6 she said "I don't like looking pretty, I like being cool."
    She's now 8 and is prepared to look pretty on certain occasions – but certainly not at Junior Youth Club.

6. Rebecca says:

Too funny! I love the logic of little kids!

7. Oh if only we could all be so bloody honest! Mia sounds like a character alright!

8. Hmmm, wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye?

9. Kim says:

I'm pretty sure when I was a little girl I wanted to grow up to be a monster. I think I still do, but that's another story. Mia sounds awesome!

10. TheMadHouse says:

Oh no, I like the surfer dude look that my two sport and am dreading the day they have short hair.

Yeah, we had the surfer dude look too. Right up until he went into Year 1 at school and someone told him he looked like a girl. He couldn't get to the hairdressers quick enough!