A meme for youyou

Yesterday I published a pictured that my 4 year old drew of me.
I won’t lie to you, it wasn’t the most flattering of portraits.
I didn’t have any arms for a start. And she decided that I was roughly the shape of a balloon.
But those things aside, it was really nice to be presented with a lovingly drawn picture and told: “this is you mummy”.

I come in for a lot of flack from some comments over my portrait. One of the worst offenders, you won’t be surprised to hear, was Single Parent Dad.
So I set him down a challenge to have his son Max draw a picture of him and see what that produced.
But it seems Single Parent Dad has come over all vain since having a photo session with his son and posting a new profile picture everywhere anyone will look. Tut. He failed miserably.

Anyway (for there is a point to all this) I thought I would create a whole new meme.
One that’s really easy and (I hope) you’ll all enjoy.

Ask your child – their age doesn’t matter – to draw a picture of you.
Post it on your blog.
Let’s call it the Picture Perfect Meme
Err, that’s it.
Pass it on to your friends/enemies if you want to.
(If like me you don’t have a fancy pants scanner, take a photo of it and post it that way!)

So to kick this off I am passing the baton on to 10 bloggers: Some old friends, some new, some I just want to have a good laugh at the results when they come out:

JoBo
How I Like My Coffee
Babyrambles
Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy
Rainy Day
Dad Who Writes
Insomniac Mummy
Butterflies in My Hand
Lawyer Mom
You’ve Got Your Hands Full

Oh, and I lied, one more: Blogger Dad because he is an artist and never posts new pictures of himself, so maybe his son can do him justice . . .

This entry was posted in Blogging. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to A meme for youyou

1. Insomniac Mummy says:

Hehehehee! I dread to think what Big E will come up with! This should be fun…..

🙂

2. MissSearles says:

I dont have any kids but I do have an Andy so i'll get himt to draw a picture 🙂
    x

3. Potty Mummy says:

Love it – and SPD's portrait by his son. What a talent…

4. Thank you! This will be very funny, my 3 year old is hopeless at drawing. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pictures too!

5. Claire says:

Ha ha ha! I forgot about the new photos…. that'll explain it then LOL! 🙂

6. So what you are saying, is basically, I am inspirational?

7. Wife of bold says:

Loved your portrait hope for your sake you don't look that bad ha, great idea for the meme can't wait to see all the works of art 🙂

8. Linda says:

Course I am in the 'looking forward to seeing if the picture can capture the true beauty' category.
    hahahahhahahahhahhahaha.

9. Kool Aid says:

hahahahaha, Love it, Tara! Thanks for the meme. I'll be my next project, promise 🙂

10. Wish I could join in but at 4 months the task is a challenging one for the Bean! Although we could have a go anyway…

11. Ian's not causing trouble again is he?!

12. Loukia says:

What a great idea!

13. patricia says:

this is fun….we had kids draw our family tree 15 years ago for a reunion and then printed it on a canvas tote bag for everyone to take home. good as a meme I think!

14. MuddyNoSugar says:

I have the pictures, from Lola and Heather. I was optimistic on the arms front..my optimism was just that, optimism…Lordy..I'm either armless or have clubs for hands..I just have to get small ones to bed then I will post.

15. I've joined in. It's a bit of a long post I'm afraid but the picture is at the bottom. I'm so excited as this is the first time EVER that my boy has drawn anything recognisable. And my legs are super long and slim.

16. Linda says:

here you go, don't know what caused the ruddy cheeks, well possibly I do, but not telling:
    hope you like 'em – closest anyone will get to a photo at the moment! x

Brilliant Linda. Your girls are stars x

All I'm saying is you jammy jammy jammy sod.

19. Jo Beaufoix says:

Brilliant.. I missed this completely. Rosie has tagged me too so I will get two done in one go. I am soooo behind. Quite excited to see what my two come up with. Rosie's is hilarious. 😀