10 things that really irritate me about my husband

IMG_1135

1. Putting a new kitchen roll on the holder the wrong way so the words written on the sheets are upside down.
  2. Putting used mugs on the counter above the dishwasher instead of just opening the door and putting them inside the dishwasher.
  3. Scooping the children up and smothering them in kisses before me when he gets in from work.
  4. Being right 17.25% of the time.
  5. Thinking it’s really funny to put his cold feet on me when we’re in bed.
  6. Falling asleep half way through anything he’s insisted we watch on TV so I’m left watching it on my own. Then waking up at the credits and wanting to know what happened.
  7. Insisting on having anchovies on his pizza.
  8. Making me a cup of tea in the wrong mug.
  9. Giving me a chocolate biscuit with said cup of tea when he knows I’m trying to avoid them.
  10. Telling me how to drive.

My husband and I have been together for nearly 18 years now, married for 8 – I think I’m really rather lucky.
I just hope he never decides to make a similar list to this because I’ll be in big big trouble . . .

This entry was posted in Family Life, Lists, Me. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to 10 things that really irritate me about my husband

1. I hear you on so much of this… F1 has always been the biggest bone of contention in our house. It goes on, he falls asleep.

2. jayne howarth says:

I'm with you on no2 – mine does that! V annoying. The only time he actually goes to put something in the dishwasher is when it's full of clean crockery that needs to be put away.

My main irritant with mine is this: not throwing away leftover food on a plate, leaving it, instead on the counter. WHY NOT THROW IT AWAY?!

Also, mine has made me a cup of tea about — ooooh, a handful of times — and we've been together about 16 years. At least you get tea and a biccie!

Are we brave enough to ask them how we irritate them?! I daren't – I'd end up at the solicitor's!

3. ThatGirl39 says:

Mine does 2 and 10 but at least he's only right 13.7% of the time. To add to these I would say constant humming/whistling..arrghh! SC has picked up on it-she says "Daddy, stop buzzing"! Actually buzzing would be far more musical! And don't get me started on the flicking channels during the ad breaks! Apart from that I love him loads! x

4. confusedhomemaker says:

I love this list. We've been married for 8 as well (together for 12.5). It's a good list, one that you would miss if he wasn't there.

5. And they say it's difficult to live with women! That really made me laugh Tara, cheers!

6. TheMadHouse says:

Congratualtion on 18 years together. I have been married 14 years and long may it continue. I have to say that is a very good list, I am sure mine would be much longer and much much worse!!

7. So with you on the TV thing – he can't stay awake through anything!

8. Wow your hubby replaces the kitchen roll and makes you cups of tea, lucky lady. My husband is also unable to open the dishwasher but likes to put his dirty dishes in the sink!! Grrr.

9. Tracy says:

My husband always tries to nap on the living room couch on weekend afternoons. While the 4 little boys are awake. And does that wild-eyed glare when it's too loud for him to sleep.
    But will he move upstairs to our nice quiet bedroom with comfortable bed? No ma'am he will not.

10. expat mum says:

Only ten? Can we swap?
    I have to laugh at number 1. Isn't that just a little bit erm, anal? (In the nicest possible way!)

11. Mwa says:

I agree with 4.3 of these. These things drive me crazy!

12. Mwa says:

Oh and expat mum was right. But then I'm anal about other things.

13. no number 1 isn't anal! it's damned irritating. puppies or bears on toilet roll must be right way up too! I think 17.25% is waaaay too generous and how many times does he have to be told which mug I like best!!!!!! At least yours admits to falling asleep on it, mine will say "I was watching that" as I turn the tv off just after it finished! I'm with you on all of these x

And putting milk bottles back in the fridge when they're EMPTY. Let's not forget that one

I think the point I wanted to make was that if after 18 years that's all I've got to complain about, I'm a very lucky girl!

No, that would be sensible. A bit like when my husband comes into the room where the children are with his laptop to work and then moans because they're too noisy. Go. Somewhere. Else

17. My first thought on seeing the title was "Only 10?"……

I am guilty of number two but mainly because SPD prevents me from bending these days. I, like you, would hate to see the list he'd write about me though 😉

18. DCUrbanDad says:

My wife does number 5. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

19. patricia says:

I only have one dislike – he does not carry on a conversation – ever…I knew before we married, but he at least made a list, which started with zero population growth and continued, when we were dating…I could use another list after 32 years…
    Nice post…

20. mothership says:

OMG! Number TWO DRIVES ME MAD! Why is it that my husband, who has a Phd in physics and is a university professor CANNOT FIND THE FCUKING DISHWASHER?! I have even drawn him a helpful map and labeled it?
    I don't usually advertise my own posts on other people's blogs (such bad form) but you may well relate to this one

21. Ha! How about saying he'll do this washing up and then leaving all the big pans!

22. nota bene says:

What's the l;ine? There's only two things men do wrong…everything they say and everything they do. I think you get off quite lightly 🙂

23. MaternalTales says:

Love it. Yep, my husband does all of these (apart from the cold feet one – I do that to him instead)! But please, yes get him to do one on you. Would be too funny.

24. @CK_Lunchbox says:

You're a brave woman, but it's great you can laugh about this stuff. If I did this, my wife would without a doubt retaliate – not good. I have reputation to maintain.

25. Mom/Mum says:

Oh how I laughed! No.s 2, 5 and 10 drive me nuts about my husband too!

I wrote this and even I'm having to scroll back up to see which ones you mean …!

27. elizabethm says:

Yes yes yes to the cold feet and telling me how to drive. Also assuming I will have forgotten something when I haven't done it. I haven't forgotten. I just haven't done it.

28. Noble Savage says:

Wow, 17.5% is rather generous! My husband is only right probably 11% of the time and I will ony admit to 8%.

29. Pingback: 10 things I argue about with my husband | Sticky FingersSticky Fingers

30. Pingback: 10 things that really irritate me about my husband #2 - Sticky FingersSticky Fingers