Why I should not be allowed to work from home

• I conduct important business conversations via Skype wearing my pyjamas.
  • I eat bowls of Cornflakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • At any given time I have about 32 episodes of something fabulous recorded on my TV which, you know, have to be watched. And they call to me. They actually call to me.
  • Being within 5 yards of the biscuit tin is a distraction even I cannot fight.
  • Biscuit crumbs in my keyboard = mild meltdown.
  • My bed just 24 steps away. Yes, I counted.
  • Twitter
  • My chair spins 360 degrees. Really fast.
  • No one can hear me sing. Which I do. A lot.
  • Blogger Dad sending me distracting emails of weird websites he stumbles on because the guy literally never sleeps.

This entry was posted in Me. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Why I should not be allowed to work from home

1. Tammy says:

I sing, too. A lot.

2. Joanne says:

Oh and you'd be so tempted to do the hoovering. No? Oh OK then.

3. The balanced diet : Rice Krispies for Breakfast, cornflakes for Lunch and Shreddies for tea!

I survive on cereal when alone http://kelloggsville.blogspot.com/2009/05/in-prai

My home working major secret : needing to go to the loo during conference calls and knowing if you go to silent you can get away with it!

4. Insomniac Mummy says:

Working from home sounds like bliss……If only. Sigh.

🙂

5. Karen says:

But then you're also trapped with the kids all day :S can you tell it's the school hols?

6. Lawyer Mom says:

Only 24 steps from desk to bed? Now that's a commute I'll take, any day.

What is this hoovering thing you speak of woman? I'd rather run really fast around the house with super sticky socks on. But that's just me

Holiday club my friend, holiday club. x

You and me both Tammy, you and me both. At the moment I sing High School Musical songs. Not because I want to or particularly enjoy them but because they are burned into my synapses from the amount of times the children demand I play the CD in the car!
    Rant over!

Yea, then you too can spin round on your home office chair and shout 'weeeeeee' to no one in particular.
    Good luck! x

Darn it. That's where I've been going wrong. Can I swap Shreddies for porridge? Love porridge.
    How funny that you're commenting about cereal and you're called Kelloggsville. You needed to have responded to the post before this about how you came to name your blog . . .

It is bliss. Until the Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the door or the woman who delivers my Next and Boden orders and I just can't stop them yakety yaking!
    Oh and all the cold calls on the home phone. Not good.

And it's only 10 to the big comfy sofa. And yes I've just counted them out too!

14. Vered says:

Ahh, the good life. 🙂

15. MissSearles says:

I actually sing HSM and Camp Rock songd because I like them…I dont ahve the excuse of having kids…im just that sad!

16. Pippa says:

I take a shower in the middle of my working day and then sit here in a towel drying off…

17. vodkamom says:

This sounds like the list of why you SHOULD work from home….

18. I can relate. How about being able to make dinner while being on a call (while the girls are at school of course).

19. That Girl39 says:

Bowls of cornflakes and spinning chairs never a good idea together… darn it…now I really fancy a bowl of cornflakes!

20. Pippa says:

Oh and I forgot the last work call I made I was breastfeeding Baby Boy with the other boob hanging out cos I accidnetally undid both sides of the bra!

21. BloggerDad says:

I wouldn't open anything that Blogger Dad sends to you! Dude is messed up.

22. Right, that's it Pippa, you win hands down!

23. You're not proposing you are let out of the house? To be amongst other people?

24. Patricia says:

He really cartoons well and is quite funny!

25. Patricia says:

I just love working from home although my computer is downstairs from my bed but only 16 steps from the kitchen. Would probably be better if the kitchen were up and down stairs!

I can hear the apples falling from the trees in the orchard and that makes me feel quilty.
    I have gotten rid of many, many things because I do not dust any more – I used to vacuum and dust everyday for kids with allergies and because we had dogs.
    I do wish I made enough money to have a cleaning person.
    I always get dressed because without a pay cheque coming in I need to remind myself that I am working.
    I do turn up the sound volume very high so I can race back to the computer when it tells me someone commented or I got a message.

I have a lovely chair from Norway which I read in and I do loads of reading.
    Be happy you can sing…I can no longer sing since having growths removed off my vocal cords….
    I call my moments of intense loneliness – meditation time.

26. You wouldn't say that if you could see what he sends me. Shocking.

27. "I do turn up the sound volume very high so I can race back to the computer when it tells me someone commented or I got a message" I am totally betting you're not the only one who does this Patricia!

28. I need a set of those harnesses they make for toddlers. And maybe a muzzle.

29. Suzanne says:

Tara – you weren't much different when you worked in the office!

30. @thatgirlblogs says:

all I needed to hear was twitter. I get you!

31. julia says:

Hi, i just found your blog through British Mummy Bloggers. What a great blog you have. So witty and funny. Following from now on.
    Ju:))

32. mimi says:

I wish that I could do my work in my pyjamas.
    But until I can give lessons from home, via video link, I'll just dream on.
    They don't like me singing to them either!

33. saveeverystep says:
  34. Pingback: Reasons I shouldn't be allowed to work from home #3 - Sticky FingersSticky Fingers