5 products I cannot live without

1. Diet Coke
I’ve tried. I’ve really really tried. But I just cannot give it up for good.
Sure I’ve cut back so that now my blood is only 30% cola chemicals, but still my addiction lingers and it’s the one thing I turn to to satisfy my sweet cravings.

2. Dettol Surface Cleanser.
It’s not that I’m particularly anal about having every surface in my kitchen cleaned to within an inch of it’s life, but when your children lick yoghurt off the table or pick Cheerios off the floor you do need some level of cleanliness.
And, oh alright I admit it, I love the smell too.
I sometimes spray it around just before husband comes home from work so he thinks I’ve been slaving away in the kitchen.

3. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
I have tried many many beauty products. MANY MANY.
I’ve probably even tried products you’ve never heard off. I’ve used bargain creams from Aldi, middle of the road staples from the High Street and high end lotions that would make your eyes water if you knew the price.
(No, I’m not rich or mad, I used to test them when I was a features editor. Tough job, but you know someone has to do it).
But every single time I come back to this cleanser. And (whisper it) I’ve even managed to get hubby using the men’s version of it.
I have mild panic attacks that Liz will stop making it and move on to something new fangled, so I buy in bulk and store it like my grandmother used to stock up on sugar because it was the one thing she couldn’t live without through the war.

4. Apple iPhone
I didn’t actually own a mobile phone until I was 30.
I hate hate HATE to see people tap tap tapping away on text messages while they’re walking along totally oblivious to the world around them, I hate people who continue to talk on their phone when they are being served in a store or in the bank and I cannot abide ‘text’ speak when words get bastardised for expediency and then end up creeping into everyday use.
But when I set up in business, I bought myself an iPhone and felt like I did that Christmas when my parents and both sets of grandparents saved up to buy me a Spectrum ZX computer.
Now I would bite your arm off right up to the elbow if you ever tried to take it off me.
My new favourite app is a dictaphone on my phone – for those moments when you’re walking around Sainsbury’s and suddenly have a fabulous idea.

5. Eyelash curlers.
What genius invented this contraption? Gents, really really sorry if this is over your heads and ladies, if you haven’t indulged then why the heck not?
There are days I cannot be bothered with make up and will happily just use these babies and a slick of mascara and that’s it.
Not so sure my daughter is so keen through. She sits there staring at me open-mouthed saying: “MUMMY MUMMY please don’t cut your eyelashes off!”

So what are your ‘can’t live without’ items?

This entry was posted in Me. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to 5 products I cannot live without

1. MissSearles says:

I have to agree with numbers 4 & 5. Could not live without my iphone, epspecially since it keeps me intouch with the blogging world and it means i can pester you with my silly blogging questions at anytime of day!
    I also dont think we could be without our Mac now either…or my sewing machine…or soya coffees…or glitter…

2. happy mum says:

I love this post! I definitely couldn't love without my new phone HTC hero which I heard is far better than the iPhone 😉 and couldn't live without the internet. If it disconnects for more than 5 min I get hot flushes and my tourette reappears…

3. Jennifer says:

100& on the Liz Earle cleanse and polish! Best invention ever 😀

4. Emma says:

I agree Eyelash Curlers are like the best invention ever!! :)x

5. Mwa says:

That's amazing. I don't know how I manage to survive not using ANY of those products. Even though I would kill for an iPhone. Kill.

I can't live without hair dye, my dresses and my car.

6. kim says:

I'm with you on the iphone, Cleanse & Polish and eyelash curlers. People swear they make no difference, but I can tell that they do. I would also add my macbook and mac lipstick to that list.

7. Ann Marie says:

Oh how I giggled at this post. It made me think …humm
    My Laptop.
    I adore it. It's my lifeline to everything I love; family, friends and my business. It's the post man, the phone company, the office, the photographer, the bookkeeper and DJ all in one. Brilliant

Comedy, classic comedy.
    I think the world is a much better place with it. Del Boy and Rodney from 'Only Fools and Horses' are favourites of mine.

My hair straigntener
    When GHD's came on the market my bad hair days were no more. The days of looking like a cave woman were over ;0)

Never tried eyelash curlers, must give it a go…

8. Insomniac Mummy says:

Right there with you on 1 & 4.

I've Diet Coke pumping through my veins. I'm sure of it.

🙂

9. Ooooooh which iphone app is that ??? I adore my iphone – I've been given lots of gadgets by Mr MAM but the iphone is the only one I couldn't give up

10. I'm with you on the texting thing Tara. I was in the shops yesterday and was almost run into by a couple shoppers with their heads down texting on their mobiles. Ugh!

11. Amy says:

I need my eyeliner, my flat iron, and bottled water. There are probably tons more I can't live without, well I know there is, but those are the first things that come to mind 😀

12. Vered says:

Red lipstick
    Bootcut jeans

🙂

13. 1. Camera, definately
    2. Laptop, definately
    3, Twiglets, my life would be empty
    4, Red Wine, everybody else would suffer if I couldn't have this.
    5, Coffee – I would be a sleep – all the time – without it

Now some questions for you Tara:
    1, I thought you were packing?
    2, Am I a crap girl for not having a beauty product in my top five?
    3, Why am I a little bit jealous of your iPhone?

1. I am packing (or unpacking my daughter from the suitcase she keeps zipping herself into before I can actually get any clothes in there)
    2. Yes
    3. Because you're human.
    Now stop making me come over here and comment and let me pack already.

15. kat says:

My Diet Coke addiction ended the day Mstr M was born. Freaky. Now I only drink water, how dull is that?

16. Potty Mummy says:

Diet coke – right there at the top of my list too. What else…? Kitchen towels – how sad is that? But I just spent a week in a friend's house without them and with two small boys, well, it was carnage. Sainsbury's Organic Digestives. Mmmmm. Dermalogic Cleanser – thankyou god. And last but not least, that storecupboard standby, Pancetta.

What has my life become?

17. Kat says:

I will second Diet Coke. (Or at this point…is it fourth or fifth??) And I have never heard of the two cleaners. Are they only in England?

Can't live without: Diet Coke, the library, fast internet, my housekeeper, and my car.

18. Lawyer Mom says:

"I sometimes spray it around just before husband comes home from work so he thinks I've been slaving away in the kitchen." — now that's a great idea.

My can't-live-with-out is Wright's stainless steel polish. Oh, and my Vitabath, of course.

19. Earl Grey Tea (I'll drink it even when it's 30 degrees C) Kiehl's lip balm, my Dyson handheld (fab for cleaning up after small boys), hummus, and of course my Laptop.

20. Mom/Mum says:

no. 2 made me laugh so much Tara – i do the same with my kitchen cleaner sometimes before he comes home!
    Quick! Get dressed! Turn the TV off! Get out the cleaner! Open up your storybooks! Daddy's coming home! Where's the mop and bucket?

21. debbie says:

I don't have an iPhone. I can only imagine the joy it would bring to my life.

22. Iota says:

Burt's Bees lip blam.

23. DCUrbanDad says:

I don't have an iPhone either and am jealous. I cannot live without BlackBerry though and my access to email. I cannot live without Dyson either.

24. @jobeaufoix says:

1. Books.
    2. My Macbook.
    3. My GHDs (Until my hair thickens up. Then my curls won't look so much like the bottom of a bald sheep.)
    4. My car.