Wordless Wednesday: Part girl/part mountain goat

climbing1

I know children are pre-programmed to climb but honestly, she climbs everything.

We cannot pass a tree stump, a wall, a bench, a tree without her scaling it and proclaiming that she’s the ‘king of the castle’.

The garden wall, the composter and the kitchen table are all old hat now.

This is her new challenge . . .

(NOTE: Those are reflective bicycle armbands she has around her ankles. I’m thinking it’s just best you don’t ask).

See more of my Wordless Wednesdays (that are anything but wordless, let’s be honest) or for others around the world, visit 5 Minutes for Mum.

This entry was posted in Dan & Mia, Photography. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Wordless Wednesday: Part girl/part mountain goat

1. Suzanne says:

I love the fact that you went to get your camera to share the moment rather than getting her down!I found my daughter on the roof of the car after climbing up through the open boot!Ahhh girls, hey!

2. Brit in Bosnia / Fra says:

My boys shimmy up the gap between the car door and the car chassis to climb onto the roof. They have made it their mission to teach the lovely girls who live opposite how to do the same. Their mother is horrified. Gotta love a climber and I love that she is the king too.

3. SandyCalico says:

My toddler is a climber too. You are torn between helping them and fetching the video camera. Well, £250 isn't to be sniffed at 😉

@Suzanne/Brit in Bosnia: Hells bells, the car roof? And there was me getting myself into a tis over the stairs!@ Sandy: I hadn't even thought of that! So there's actually money to be made from my stress. Genius!

5. Yikes! And what are those yellow things around her ankles? Are they to scare off passing traffic?

6. I am Harriet says:

YIKES!Wonder what you were thinking when you saw that.http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/wordless-moose.html

7. Single Parent Dad says:

They climb everything don't they? Except, of course, the climbing frame you purchase, and spend 8 hours of your life assembling. Not that I'm bitter at all.

8. vered says:

Sometimes I am so jealous of kids.

9. Shelly says:

So girls climb everything too? lol I have a son and he runs me ragged with his energy.http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/06/wordless-wednesday-bird-nest.html

10. DCUrbanDad says:

Great picture!!!! My little one got into this around her 7 month and started climbing the baby gates. She seems to have forgotten that she can climb. I expect it to rear its ugly head soon.

11. Turf Dad says:

I think Fowler has the same reflective armbands, and he is wearing them right now. 🙂

12. Adrenalynn says:

LOL, I love Vered's comment! I used to climb everything when I was a kid, and it looks like my youngest is on his way to becoming quite the climber himself. I foresee a busy decade ahead.

13. Staci says:

Yikes! I'm so thankful the climbing phase didn't last too long around here!

14. Dave Fowler says:

I saw that Turf Dad. Naughty Turf Dad. Naughty.Tara, slap his legs.Good picture. I haven't got an open stairwell like yours so the best I could do is take pictures of my children climbing up the chimney.

15. A Lawyer Mom's says:

At least you can see her at night. Oh, and better reinforce your banister!

16. Patricia says:

Mine jumped off of everything…including the roof…only one broken arm….roller blades!They are just so busy at this age! love the skirt and leg bands!I do want to invite mom's to read my post today – I do not know how else to get the word out…this if vital stuff for the health of our children about food.http://patriciaswisdom.com/2009/06/healthy-reading-the-end-of-overeating-taking-control-of-the-insatiable-american-appetite-dr-david-kessler/Please at least read the book review.Thank you

17. Tracy says:

My two youngest are stackers, they'll grab anything to make a stack so they can reach all the stuff we thought we'd put out of their reach. They'll put a stool on a stroller and try to get to the top of the fridge or a box on top of a truck to reach the sink. She looks ready to climb a mountain! Do they have those rock climbing walls for kids where you are?

18. Jannie Funster says:

She and my Kelly would be TWO PEAS IN A CLIMBING POD!

19. Storm says:

She's a good climber.

20. clareybabble says:

She's brave! My son is exactly the same, fearless!

21. jeanne @ Inspiring I says:

Ahh! I'd be on pins and needles all day!

22. Equidae says:

i loved climbing trees and walls myself…i wonder what my boy will do

23. Stacie says:

What a little daredevil!!

24. Wow, I had a climber too! Was OK when I was a young mom, but as a grandmom now I'd faint!Happy WW!Cindi @ Moomette's Magnificents

25. Morgan says:

My children do that too. Drives me nuts because my 19 month old tries to copy them!