landing1

This is the sight that greeted me when I came to put Mia to bed last night.
It’s a mini replica of her bedroom (notice the picture frame and the nightlight from her bedside table) BUT it’s out on the landing. Right at the top of the stairs.

Clearly the fact that mummy spent HOURS online searching for the perfect bed so she could move from her cotbed to grown up status in style, escapes her.
And don’t be surprised at the inclusion of a pink Dora backpack (stuffed to brimming with, well, stuff), countless cuddly toys and a notebook in her bedtime display – she normally squirrels those away under her duvet at night “in case I wake up in the night and get bored”.
There’s barely enough room for her in that bed these days!
(By the way, I showed this photo to a friend whose only response was: “crikey, your skirting boards are clean aren’t they?”
Yes but look at the mad child won’t you!)

This entry was posted in Dan & Mia. Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Wordless Wednesday: Because clearly the lovely and rather expensive bed we’ve just bought her isn’t good enough

1. Kim says:

Mad child, schmad child. Looks like a perfectly comfortable place to me.Although, I used to willingly sleep in the wheelbarrow and the coal bunker. 🙂

2. One Mom says:

so what's the rest of the story? Did she stay or did she return to the new bed? She really knows how to set up for the night, doesn't she?

3. Reasons to be Cheerf says:

Oh stop showing off your skirting boards! 😉

4. Single Parent Dad says:

Have you considered advertising the room for rent?

5. Alexandra says:

haha! For some reason, my kids are lovers of the floor too. It's making me rethink buying those expensive bunk beds…

6. Katherine says:

Your carpets look incredible too!!! My son also keeps a bag packed at all times because he might "suddenly go on holiday".

7. Jane says:

Just waiting for our 2 year old to do the same! Very cute, but infuriating for Mum I bet!

8. Adrenalynn says:

Wow, those ARE clean.Why kids love the floor so much is beyond me! But it does look kinda fun… 🙂

9. Secret Mom Thoughts says:

My daughter does the same thing everyday for nap time.

10. Nota Bene says:

And when you buy presents…does she prefer the wrapping paper to the contents?

11. New Mummy says:

Lol I think its sweet! and damn those skirting boards are clean!

12. DCUrbanDad says:

That looks like the perfect place to snuggle up and snooze. I don't blame her.

13. notSupermum says:

That's a very clever, creative girl you have there! I'm impressed by her initiative.

14. Writer Dad says:

Home is where the heart is.

15. Christina says:

This scene looks all too familiar! My little gal likes to move her bedding all around the house, too – and always with a huge mound of stuffed friends. P.S. You are never allowed to come visit me, as you'd be appalled by my less-than-immaculate floor boards.

16. Tiaras and Tantrums says:

isn't that always the case??

17. Kelloggsville says:

wow they shine, are you regularly cleaning those or do you know something we all don't about how to keep them that way?PS : child perfectly normal, go with the flow – when she's a teenager she won't be able to find the floor to sleep on!

18. amy says:

My 2 set up camp on the landing aswell it's very funny they bring cuddly toys and set it up like a double bed it's very funny (well until I have to clear it up!) xP.S I've just painted all my skirting boards so they would give your a run for there money lol!)

19. Vered - MomGrind says:

My youngest could have easily done something like that. CUTE!

20. Staci says:

Looks like she thought to bring everything! Too cute!

21. Maternal Tales says:

For some reason this scene just makes me want to give her a big hug. Too cute and funny to get pissed off!!! How did you get her back into bed though – or did she sleep out there all night?

22. nixdminx says:

You'll just have to be a complete meannie and tell her that the itinerant monsters that live under the beds have taken to emerging from the skirting boards come lights out and they stay there all night…actually, that is a bit mean, you'll just have wait till she's ready x

23. Maternal Mirth says:

As a Yank, I am going to start saying "crikey" and see if it catches on here…

24. Tricia says:

Simply adorable.

25. Patricia says:

My mum said "crikey" all the time and it did not catch on, but my friends all loved to hear her speak and say "eh" at the end of a sentence!I think this was too cute and look how prepared she is…with everything…My 23 year old had a temper tantrum because we said we were going to take her very high – dad made – purple bed apart because we have no bed for company and adults can not get in and out of her bed. It took her long enough to sleep in it and she always has to have the curtain closed so it is cave like…hmmmWe had to get an alarm system on the house to keep her in….no lie…as a teenager Then she spent hours helping her friends climb in the house through unarmed windows to prove to us that our efforts were worthless. I did not sleep for years.

26. Kat says:

Nice expensive beds are totally over rated. 😉

27. Lisa (Jonny's M says:

That is too cute. Why do we buy the beds anyhow? they're never going to sleep in them. Or at least not that often.

28. Typical isn't it?!!

29. A Lawyer Mom's says:

Kids are just funny little nesting creatures. My bedroom replica was in my tiny closet. I slept in there, read in there, etc. until my mom finally put a stop to it.

30. MuddynoSugar says:

Can confirm Tara house is indeed amazingly clean, having similar bed problems with my small one, but yet to completely decamp…but it does show a sense of purpose and initiative so you have to admire that! PS would love to see yoghurt on skirting boards, I have it on my kitchen ceiling, it is definately the 'new black' in decorating!

31. Kool Aid says:

Please tell me she's covering up a great big stain on your carpet because your walls and baseboards do look waaay to clean…

32. Working mum says:

That is so funny! Hey, now you have a spare room!

33. Turf Dad says:

Mine likes the dog crate, good thing I have a big dog.

34. Home Office Mum says:

I'm about to buy my two new beds. Maybe I'll hold off…

35. nixdminx says:

Me, back again to tell you I've given you an award because I loved this post so much, it's back at my blog x