Me me me me me. And Dan’s new doo

Really, you gals are so very very generous.

I’ve been tagged all over the place and I am never ever one to turn down a challenge so I’m going to run with it but BUT, as anyone who knows me, I will be making up my own rules because, well, because it’s my blog and I can. So there.

First of all the thank yous.
To Rebel Mother at Another Day in the Madhouse (who I just want to hug and I admire so much for obvious reasons when you read her blog), to Nixdminx (who is a great follow on Twitter), to Little Mummy (who’s probably got her head in the clouds as she’s just returned from a trip to Disney), Katherine at Supply and Demands (who has had the same children’s hair cutting dilemma as me recently!), Mum Gone Mad (who has 4 kids, 2 cats, 1 dog and 1 gecko – what’s not to love!) and the lovely Tasha at WAHM BAM (who is heavy with child, so be gentle).

The meme was basically a list of a million (or so) questions which you had to answer then add one, ditch another, pearl one, answer in Spanish, then jumble them all up and answer them backwards.
Well that’s how I interpreted the rules anyway and that’s far too advanced for anyone who I’ll be passing this onto. So I’ve made it real simple. Like me.
I’d really like to get to know you better. Answer these questions. Pass them on. End of.

1. Who is the hottest movie star?
Hugh Jackman. Or George Clooney. Oh no hang on, Johnny Depp. No no no it’s Hugh. All right, all right I can’t choose. I’ll just have to have them all.

2. Apart from your house and your car, what’s the most expensive item you’ve ever bought?
No one thing, but my collection of shoes could probably have paid for a nice diamond ring.

3. What’s your most treasured memory?
The day(s) I became a mum.

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
A ZX Spectrum computer that my parents and both sets of grandparents saved up for to buy me for Christmas when I was about 13 or 14. I thought I was so cool and grown up. Little did I know how much heartache loading those games up via cassette deck would cause me.

5. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made?
Waiting until I was 34 to have children. I think had I started early we would have had more. It would have also meant my beloved nana would have met my children, which is a big regret of mine.

6. 4 words to describe yourself.
Loyal, friendly, approachable, and I laugh at everything which really cheeses my husband off because I laugh at everything but I don’t care because it’s better to turn that frown upside down, I tell him. There is no one word for that, sorry.

7. What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008?
Quitting my stressful job and becoming a work at home mum (that was a highlight by the way!)

8. Favourite film?
Raiders of the Lost Ark.

9. Tell me one thing I don’t know about you.
I have been on a tour of the Star Wars sets in Tunisia. I am THAT much of a nerd.

10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be?
Hong Kong Phooey.

And you know those people who say ‘you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to la la la’ well I’m not one of those people. Do it or I’ll be round to slap your legs and pull your hair.

I pass the baton on to Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow, Adrenalyn, Turf Dad, Daisy at Answer Starts With You, DC Urban Dad and that Selfish so and so Dave Fowler. Oh and Blogger Dad because he’ll be be reading the comic strip question and holding his hand in the air like the most eager schoolkid in the world.
Go forth my friends . . .

DSC_02641

And just to finish off, here is a photo of Daniel with his new haircut that I spent way too much time fretting over.
I catch him every now and again grabbing at the nape of his neck and then realising there is no longer any hair there to tug at.
But I didn’t need to worry. He’s still a handsome lad. The sun also went to his head a bit this weekend and he went all Hawaii 5 O on us. Or Magnum PI.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Dan & Mia. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Me me me me me. And Dan’s new doo

1. Vered - MomGrind says:

OK, so now I'm curious. If you could make that choice all over again, would you choose a diamond ring over all those shoes?

2. Patricia says:

Very nice haircut and nice to learn more about you. Did Selfish Blogger finally turn over his chocolate to you? I envy you being able to laugh so freely. I am just too intense and I am worried about that chocolate? hmmm

3. Turf Dad says:

Haircut-GoodCricket-No Good

4. Dave Fowler says:

Are you still slapping legs? Ouch. I knew you'd pick Huge Packman as your movie star. Not impressed. But I am impressed that you went to Tunisia to visit the Star Wars set. But tell me… Was the food Chewy?Thanks TC 🙂

5. Writer Dad says:

You are just the most adorable mum ever, Tara! George Clooney's the hottest of those three, but they're all great choices. Tunsia… really? I don't know if that's awesome or too dorky to acknowledge. WOW either way.

6. Urban Panther says:

Well, we already know which movie actor gets my mojo flowing. And who cares if he can't act!!!! @Dave – was the food Chewy? …you have seriously sunk to an all time low with that one. Total groaner.

7. Lisa (Jonny's M says:

I have to agree on the Hugh Jackman one. Johnny Depp is…um….dirty most of the time. Like he needs a scrubbin'. Oh dear…I might have given you ideas.

8. Rebel Mother says:

OMG I'm welling up and I'm not joking. Hug received and greatly appreciated.Hong Kong Phooey? Love it. xx

9. Maternal Tales says:

Dan's hair just as gorgeous. Phew!

10. Katherine says:

A ZX Spectrum computer? Veerry cool. Love the new hair "do" too!

11. Metropolitan Mum says:

Glad to see no spikes…

12. Kool Aid says:

I just wanted to say I love the new "do" and the shirt! I love to put Little Man in those flashy Hawaii 5-0 shirts all the time. I think he looks great.

13. Kat says:

I am gonna answer these questions soon I promise! I have been a really bad blogger of late.

14. Reasons to be Cheerf says:

Oh shoes are definately a girls best friend. Diamonds next best.

15. Tracy says:

Daniel is so handsome, I love the Hawaiian shirts.And I remember those old computers with the cassette tape programs! And being amazed that there were such a thing as modems that would let you talk to other computers, only my dad said we couldn't because it would run up the phone bill!

16. I know you wouldn't dare slap my legs and pull my hair… I will definately do it soon-ish though. Thanks for sharing and thinking of me! :)Daisy

17. I had a ZX Spectrum too! I haven't heard them mentioned for years!!! I'd go for George Clooney, by the way.

Dave Fowler? Is that really you? Can it really mean you're back . . .@ Patricia: Selfish Blogger do not give me a jot of chocolate. Selfish bugger. @ Vered: I'm afraid shoes win every single time. Have my eye on a pair this very minute that I'm ordering once the hubs has gone to bed and can't see what I'm doing . . . @ Turf Dad: He'll play any sport as long as it means hitting/kicking something with superhuman force and he's got his lackie (mummy) to run after the ball. @ Dave Fowler: How can you possibly be unimpressed with The Jackman? Have you not seen his pecks? @ Writer Dad: I am a dork and I am proud. @ Urban Panther: Vin Diesel Vin Diesel Vin Diesel (just in case anyone didn't know).@ Lisa (Jonny's Mommy): Johnny Depp dirty? That's the point isn't it? A bit of rough? Or is that just me? @ Rebel Mother: Very welcome. x@ Maternal Tales: Phew indeed!Dan's hair just as gorgeous. Phew!@ Tracy: Oh have we've come on with computers eh? I remember being in the middle of a great game of Dan Dare and the darn thing would crash around my ears!@ Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3: A girl after my own heart! @ rosiescribble: Hand off. @ Jo Beaufoix: Hands off #2

19. Jo Beaufoix says:

Hmmm, Hugh Jackman, then George CLooney, then Johnny Depp. But then there's David Tennant and Colin Firth too, and Simon Baker. Sighhh.I love Daniel's hair both ways. Very cute. And I loved Hong Kong Phooey. Sighhhh. He was wicked.

20. that girl? says:

If I were a cartoon character I would be the mad secretary from Hong Kong Phooey…. "If you wanna date, I get off at eight!"

21. Rebel Mother says:

Hello Sticky! I have an award for you over at mine for having such a fabulous blog. RM x

22. Metropolitan Mum says:

I know you have this one already – you have them all… – but I still wanted to give you this and thank you!MM

23. Metropolitan Mum says:
  24. Adrenalynn says:

Ohmygodyes, Hugh Jackman. We are of one mind.The dude looks awesome- and he totally rocks the Hawaiian look! Thanks for the tag! It makes me feel so… special! Never mind that you tagged Dave F. as well, I'll let that one slide.

25. Dot says:

Just stopped by to say thanks for the meme, which was called the "Blame Tara Meme" when it got to me. 🙂

26. Jannie Funster says:

Tara of Meme Royalty Fame. Hello! So fun to see the original "blame Tara" 🙂 meme.Congrats at making your switch to stay-at-home-mom. Goign for your dreams, alright!Hope that's working out for you well?I think being on a Star Wars set is actually 'way cool!And very handsome boy you got there.So fun to have found your blog. I will go now to your most recent post and get more aquainted.

27. MuddynoSugar says:

Oh, by the way, I have decided to give you Hugh…but you owe me!