Wordless Wednesday: I can explain, really I can. Ok, I can’t

sleeping1
My daughter has outgrown her bed.

Her terrible mother has left it too long to find her a ‘grown up girl’ bed and now it’s on order and it’s going to be another 28 days.

This is how she now spends most nights.

She’s actually fast asleep in this picture. I’ve also found her in a heap on the floor with a pile of blankets and toys randomly pulled on top of her and she was once actually asleep in the doorway, like she’d tried to come tell me how poor her sleeping arrangements are but was so tired she fell back to sleep as she stepped outside the door.

Yes yes, I feel suitably rubbish.

For more Wordless Wednesdays from around the blogosphere visit 5 Minutes for Mum.

This entry was posted in Dan & Mia. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Wordless Wednesday: I can explain, really I can. Ok, I can’t

1. One Mom says:

Dont feel too bad…you know they can sleep anywhere in any position at that age! Can't wait for a WW of her sleeping in her new bed!

2. Metropolitan Mum says:

At least this isn't a bunk bed and she doesn't keep on falling out of it. Don't worry too much, this is a recession, and this experience might save her later from thinking everything you want in life is available from tab. You could spare her some outrageous credit card bills! ;-)(Says she whose husband works from home at the moment to get her cake in the morning and delivers breakfast in their, erm, quite huge bed…)

3. Reasons to be Cheerf says:

Go see Slumdog Millionaire, you won't feel such a rubbish parent after that!

4. dongdong says:

don't worry, children can sleep in any position and they are fine.

5. blueviolet says:

When kids run out of energy, they are OUT. Too funny!

6. DM09 says:

Lets hope you don't have a similar picture on 15 years time of the same sleeping position after a heavy night on the town! Scrub that – of course you will! For now though despite the irony, it does make your heart melt (she is so cute AND so resourceful)!

7. notSupermum says:

You're a wicked, wicked mother.

8. sheila says:

That is hysterical! LOVE it! Also, your makeup post earlier is great! lol

9. Christina says:

Stop feeling like a bad mommy! If she's anything like my daughter, she sleeps that way because she WANTS to, whether she has room in the bed or not!

10. Yummy Mammy says:

Seriously don't worry. Many years on and mine will still sleep wherever she falls, be it on the floor, half in the bed, the toilet, half way down the stairs, all manner of places. I even once found her bent over a toy box, head inside it and snoring her head off. But at least she sleeps 🙂

11. GreenJello says:

It won't matter how big her bed is, she'll still end up on the floor. Or, at least that's how it always happened in my house!

12. Susie says:

That is too funny!! Great picture:-)

13. Tiff says:

LOL that is so funny!

14. Mrs. C. says:

Now that's cute, I thought maybe she had fallen asleep saying her prayers: "And bless my wonderful mummy, she is the bestest mummy in the whole entire world, and I am the luckiest little girl zzzzzz"

15. Wow, but is she getting in or out??

16. Potty Mummy says:

Of course, at least she isn't heading for your bed!

17. that girl? says:

Bless her! It always amazes me the positions that kids can fall asleep in – it also reminds me of the time when I found Other Half asleep wrapped around the toilet – in an Indian restaurant – THE LADIES TOILET! p.s. that was a really, really, really long time ago before marriage and children!

18. Patricia says:

What a fun post! and a cute picture. You are so lucky she can sleep, I had one who could not sleep more than about 30 minutes at a time…She is now 25 and can take care of herself and loves to read, but still just sleeps in short burst. Says it is a boon in graduate school – no distractions!

19. Jen says:

It always amazes me the positions that kids can sleep in.

20. pam says:

Don't feel bad, kids love to sleep on the floor. (at least my son does)

21. ~Sandy~ says:

oh this is too funny :O) hey, as long as she is comfy and able to sleep….it works! thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy WW!!!

22. Expat mum says:

Mine still does that and he's 13!

23. Tara,I am not sure why you feel the need to explain this?!!! Even if kids have big beds (or whatever the case may be) we can still snap them in strange positions, sleeping in the oddest of places.Me? I just won't admit all my shortcomings to the blogosphere and will leave it at that! :)Daisy

24. DCUrbanDad says:

Agree with the Slumdog comment. Actually looks like it would be good for the back.

25. Sparx says:

Brilliant! Spud still sleeps out of his bed and it's plenty big enough.

26. Hilarious. Is that a real cat in a basket at the side of the bed?

@Confused Take That Fan: Tee hee. No it's not a real cat. It's one of those fake ones that 'breathe' when you flick a switch. Bloody revolting if you ask me, but Mia just loves it.

28. Mum Gone Mad says:

Bad bad mummy! Lol, she's asleep and she is getting a new bed, what's the problem? Love your blog made me feel like I am not alone 🙂

29. Maternal Tales says:

I think she may have outgrown her pyjamas too!

30. Naturalmat says:

This is such a funny picture! DOn't worry, I work in the kiddie bed business and get countless mum's freaking out because all of a sudden their child is too big for their bed. They grow so fast!