Urgent note to Mr Claus

“Mummy, I really don’t like Santa. He really scares me.”

“Why on earth would you be scared of Santa?”

“Cause if I’ve been naughty he might throw me in the bin. And I think I’ve been naughty.”

This entry was posted in Family Life. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Urgent note to Mr Claus

1. Dave says:

What have you been telling her?I told my kids the other day that Santa did scare me and my wife told me I wouldn't be getting anything in her stockings.

2. Dave says:

3. Potty Mummy says:

Has she been checking out Jaywalker and my posts about Sinta Klaas?

4. Potty Mummy says:

Has she been checking out Jaywalker and my posts about Sinta Klaas?

5. Mrs. S says:

Oh no! Well…at least she knows she's naughty! I guess that's good. thanks for stopping by yesterday. I had such fun getting so many comments.

6. Mrs. S says:

7. Christina says:

Aha, so that's why so many kids scream at the site of Santa! My girl apparently missed the memo – she adores him, and she most definitely is naughty!

8. Christina says:

9. Jo Beaufoix says:

That is so funny. And she obviously very much believes. That means you can bribe her with Santa at least till the 25th, and then start again around the 27th for next year. Fabulous.

10. Kool Aid says:

Tara, that was the funniest thing I had read in a long time. I giggled out loud.Then I read Dave's comment and I … I …I'm ashamed to say I snort-laughed really loud. It was embarrassing.

11. Kool Aid says:

12. Ahhhh! Mine are terrified of Santa… dont shut the door mummy, how does he get in, how does he get out…. blah blah blah… why the hell wouldnt they be terrified!! Strange man in red coat who chants ho ho ho and uses reindeer as mode of transport. And dont you think ALL the santas we see around in shops or schools look horribly dodgy?!

13. Ahhhh! Mine are terrified of Santa… dont shut the door mummy, how does he get in, how does he get out…. blah blah blah… why the hell wouldnt they be terrified!! Strange man in red coat who chants ho ho ho and uses reindeer as mode of transport. And dont you think ALL the santas we see around in shops or schools look horribly dodgy?!

14. I saw a stocking today that had labels: Nice, Mostly Nice, A Little Naughty, Naughty, and Lump of Coal Naughty.

15. I saw a stocking today that had labels: Nice, Mostly Nice, A Little Naughty, Naughty, and Lump of Coal Naughty.

16. Tony says:

that was really funny. My nephew would rather not see Santa, but my niece wants to sit on his lap to ask for a "pee pee in the potty" doll – now to figure out what a "pee pee in the potty" doll is.

17. Tony says:

18. Mom/Mum says:

Tag – you're it Tara. come to my place to see.

19. Mom/Mum says:

Tag – you're it Tara. come to my place to see.

20. Working mum says:

Where did that one come from?

21. Working mum says:

Where did that one come from?

@Dave: You are SHAMELESS. You know what they say about the ages of man:1st You believe in Santa2nd You don't believe in Santa3rd You're dressed as Santa4th You look like Santa.Am just wondering which stage you are at . . . @Potty Mummy: Just read that – what a coincidence! You are such a modern mummy for getting your children involved with other cultures. @Mrs S: Oh she knows she's naughty alright – and exactly when to weild her magic power!@Christina: You're little girl has obviously sussed already that it's very very wise to love Santa. Smart cookie!@Jo: I LOVE the bribe with Santa thing. It works brilliantly although I suspect that come December 26 all my powers will run out and she will be all 'well it's another year away, what's an old guy going to remember in all that time?@Kool Aid: I do appologise about Dave Kool Aid. He turns up everywhere like a bad smell/bad penny. I'm angling for a Santa picture of him over Christmas . . . @Ladybird World Mother: For sure, kids should be frightened of a strange fat man who talks like Orson Wells and lives with elves. And you are so right, I have seen some VERY dubious Santas in my time . . . 05 December 2008 13:12@Hairline Fracture: Crikey, if that's the case my daughter would have enough coal to heat our house for the year!@Tony: I read your comment Tony and I honestly thought you were going to say your niece would ask Santa to do a pee pee on his lap!@Mom/Mum: I'm there.@Working mum: Where did that come from? don't all parents threaten to put their naughty children in the bin? No? Just me then . . .

24. I took the Littleboys to Santa's grotto at the weekend. After much excitement in the queue, both were terrified and refused to look at him let alone sit on his lap!

25. I took the Littleboys to Santa's grotto at the weekend. After much excitement in the queue, both were terrified and refused to look at him let alone sit on his lap!

@Nappy Valley Girl: Ah yes, how many of us have done that? Stood in a queue for hours with excitable children only to be told once you're at the front that they don't want to do it.OR they want to do it again and again, so it's back in that queue for another mind numbing hour.