A little chop sockey

DSC_0038

Do you remember when chopsticks were just the most brilliant thing you’d ever seen and you wanted noodles for every single meal so you could use them constantly and if you didn’t have noodles well then you were just going to use your chopsticks anyway?
My daughter has just discovered chopsticks.

We weren’t eating Chinese of any description, but I suppose she had the right idea as it was spaghetti bolognese.

DSC_0042 DSC_0037 DSC_00361

Wait, wait, wait just a minute there! What is this? Is that basil you put in my sauce?
No no no. Cannot have that.
(She threw it on the floor. I guess she reasoned that it came from the ground therefore it should end its days there).

Sauce? What sauce?

DSC_0041

By the way, tomato sauce? Is a BITCH to get out of clothing.
The children will be required to eat it wearing only black from now on. Or in the nude.

This entry was posted in Dan & Mia, Family Life, Food. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to A little chop sockey

1. Mom/Mum says:

Love those pics! i will have to try chopsticks with the boys, though i fear that they'd use them as missiles (as everything seems to want to crash land at the moment. Grrr to airbourne addictions.)My eldest can also spot basil a mile off and it gets the same treatment.I make them eat spag bol in bibs or and old T shirt over their clothes. Saves on the Shout!

2. Mom/Mum says:

3. Captain Dumbass says:

She's got better technique than my sons and they are half Asian. Little slackers.

4. Captain Dumbass says:

5. Maternal Mirth says:

I suggest in the nude. Chopsticks and nudity go hand in hand.

6. Maternal Mirth says:

I suggest in the nude. Chopsticks and nudity go hand in hand.

7. My kids are in that stage–they love using them when we eat Chinese food. I need to find them some chopsticks like the ones you have, though. (I could use some help learning to eat with chopsticks, myself.)

8. My kids are in that stage–they love using them when we eat Chinese food. I need to find them some chopsticks like the ones you have, though. (I could use some help learning to eat with chopsticks, myself.)

9. Kool Aid says:

That is so cute! For the longest time, Little Man had to take off his shirt if we were eating spaghetti. He's getting much better about it now.

10. Kool Aid says:

11. Heinous says:

Plastic dropcloth is even better. Then it doesn't get in their belly buttons.

12. Heinous says:

Plastic dropcloth is even better. Then it doesn't get in their belly buttons.

13. CK Lunchbox says:

Crayola should get together with Pregu to make the world's first washable Spaghetti sauce that comes out of a child's clothing with a little soap and water just like their markers. Have seen many a fine outfit go from "good clothes" drawer to the "play clothes" drawer due to the evils of tomato sauce.

14. CK Lunchbox says:

15. Audrey says:

Really cute pictures. My eleven year old still looks like that sometimes after spaghetti. Scary!

@Mom/Mum: What is it with basil? My son can spot it from 40 paces and spends the first few minutes scanning his dinner to check for signs of it!@Captain Dumbass: She was cheating though, with 'kids' chopsticks (that mummy and daddy use when they can't get their technique right with the grown up ones – cough cough).@Maternal Mirth: "Chopsticks and nudity go hand in hand" – this will from now on be my new rule in the kitchen!@Hairline Fracture: Ditto with the learning chopsticks. They are just brilliant. They need to make them in something other than bright blue and red though so when mummy uses them it doesn't look like I'm 4. @Kool Aid: Listen to the wise words of Maternal Mirth – spaghetti in the nude is the way forward. Just think of the blogging material.@Heinous: What, and deprive us of the only fun we have at bathtime!@CK: Hilarious about the clothes ending up in the "play clothes" drawer! And there's me thinking only mums ever fretted about that!@Audrey: Don't worry about it – my husband still looks like that sometimes after spaghetti.

18. Vodka Mom says:

omg I LOVE those!!!

19. Vodka Mom says:

omg I LOVE those!!!

20. Vered - MomGrind says:

It IS more fun to eat with chopsticks!:-)

21. Vered - MomGrind says:

It IS more fun to eat with chopsticks!:-)

22. Christina says:

I think she does better with chopsticks than I do! I've never been able to figure out those little buggers.

23. Christina says:

24. that girl? says:

Bless her – she's so cosmopolitan! Great pics! Looks a bit like me after I eat Spag bol!Going back to your previous post about things the wee ones say… Small Child asked me yesterday if the Grinch has a minny! (I'm sure you can guess what the minny is!)Have you seen the movie? She has a point – he's clearly a boy, is green and hairy, doesn't wear clothes much but his "area" is just blah and non-descript! Does nothing to help the poor parents who are left to explain these things!! Ah the joys of Christmas!

25. that girl? says:

@That Girl: Cosmopolitan you say? I will have to tell myself that the next time she gets sauce on the rather fabulous and expensive top she had as a gift and insists on wearing all the time – even now it has sauce stains littering the front!

So cute! And you're so right about that freaking sauce…my twins faces were stained for about 3 days…hands too! but it entertains them for hours! ♥

@Tara: Welcome! Another Tara (plus I checked you out and you're a fan of Diet Coke, Coldplay and The Great Gatsby, so I like you even more!)I nearly had mild heart failure when you said that your TWINS' faces were stained for 3 days. My goodness woman, twins AND sauce, you must be some kind of saint!

32. Tricia says:

Chopsticks really do make everything more fun. The pictures are adorable.

33. Tricia says:

Chopsticks really do make everything more fun. The pictures are adorable.

34. Mine eat their spag bol naked (top half only, I do allow knicker wearing) Saves on washing.So Tara, I have been wondering how you are doing with the transition from office based mum to stay at home mum??x

35. Mine eat their spag bol naked (top half only, I do allow knicker wearing) Saves on washing.So Tara, I have been wondering how you are doing with the transition from office based mum to stay at home mum??x

36. Laura McIntyre says:

We also do tomato sauce and old clothes or nakedness. Lost to many pieces of clothing before we started this rule.Im 27 and still never mastered chop sticks, the kids have no chance.

37. Laura McIntyre says: