A question of marriage

Dan (aged 4): “Can I always live with you mummy?”

Me: “Well you might not always want to live with me, honey. You will meet someone you love very much and have a family of your own and live with them.”

“No I wont. I’m going to marry you.”

“But I’m already married.”

“Who to?” (UTTERLY shocked!)

“Well, daddy, of course.”

“Oh, that’s OK then,” he soothes, “daddy won’t mind.”

This entry was posted in Dan & Mia, Family Life. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A question of marriage

1. GreenJello says:

I love how the minds of our little ones work!And happy birthday!!! 🙂

2. GreenJello says:

I love how the minds of our little ones work!And happy birthday!!! 🙂

3. Sal says:

Happy Birthday! I have a feeling that my little girl will have this same discussion with me in the very near future. She already has to come and sit in my lap anytime Jess and I are sitting down together. It is going to be tough breaking that jealousy though.

4. Sal says:

5. Tony says:

that's one of those awwww stories – I liked that one a lot. I think my nephew is going to be that way with my mom too. He's really close to her.

6. Tony says:

7. Jen says:

That is so cute. Hayden always asks me the same thing.

8. Jen says:

That is so cute. Hayden always asks me the same thing.

9. Lance says:

Kids…are cute! And…sometimes you wonder…what goes on in their minds!! Hope your birthday was awesome Tara!

10. Lance says:

11. You know, I used to think Freud was wrong about the Oedipus complex–but kids really do go through stages of being in love with Mom (or Dad for little girls!) It's so sweet that he wants to stay with you forever.

12. You know, I used to think Freud was wrong about the Oedipus complex–but kids really do go through stages of being in love with Mom (or Dad for little girls!) It's so sweet that he wants to stay with you forever.

13. Vodka Mom says:

omg that was JUST beautiful!! I remember conversations with The Golden Boy about this. It just makes me smile.

14. Vodka Mom says:

@GreenJello: Aww thanks for the birthday greetings. I'm living it up WITHOUT THE CHILDREN! And yes, I absolutley know this will probably never happen again so I am making the most of it.@Sal: Thanks buddy. I absolutely love the bond girls have with their dad. You will always be her 'ideal man' and she will compare everyone she meets to you. So no pressure then!@Tony: I have lots of 'awww' stories. I also have lots of 'oh my god' and 'you didn't!' stories. And that's before i even get started on the stuff the kids do and say!@Lance@: Birthday is still awesome and it's two days later! Am going to spin this out for as long as humanly possible! @Hairline Fracture: "kids really do go through stages of being in love with Mom (or Dad for little girls!)" – I absolutely LOVE this phase. You feel like you are the post important person in the whole world and you know that once they are teenagers they are so going to see through all that and not want to be within 5 yards of you.

17. MoziEsmé says:

Aww – he's got it all figured out!

18. MoziEsmé says:

Aww – he's got it all figured out!