Welcome!

Welcome to my humble new abode.

Some of you may remember me from the Coventry Telegraph blog From Dawn Till Rusk. Others may wish to forget that chapter in their life.
Either way, I’m chuffed to bits that you are here.

I have recently left my job on the newsdesk at a daily newspaper in England, where I worked for the past 12 years.

It was a job I had a real passion for. It was a job I travelled a long way to be part of after having my babies. But it’s a job that recently changed beyond recognition and the call of my children was far greater than the call of success.

So what has all this got to do with setting up a new blog you ask?

As part of my job I was asked to launch a blog for ‘working mothers’. They wanted it to be entertaining and fun and speak to other mums out there.

And that is what I did. But then something happened; I actually started to really enjoy blogging. I met communities. I met friends. I was hooked.

So, now I am leaving the warmth of my ‘company’ blog I find it hard to give it up. I find it hard to give you guys all up.

I’m told From Dawn Till Rusk will continue with another writer and I wish them every success.

But some of those posts were quite personal. My children were in there, my family, my feelings. Things I want to look back on in years to come and remind myself of.

I made that blog my journal, almost.

Here is my new journal.

I will be posting a lot of my very early stuff From Dawn Till Rusk because, well, some of it didn’t have an audience at the time and also because I want to include it over here in the scrapbook of my life as a mum.

If you have me on your blogroll as From Dawn Till Rusk, I would be chuffed if you would either add me as a newcomer or change the link.

Or if you want to wait a while to see if you still like what I have to say, then that’s fine too!

I am just really glad you’re here.

This entry was posted in Blogging, Me. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Welcome!

1. Well I am here! I can just see how a long term blog would become such a wonderful diary of events, and be just about the most personal thing you possess. Looking forward to you getting going here!

2. Well I am here! I can just see how a long term blog would become such a wonderful diary of events, and be just about the most personal thing you possess. Looking forward to you getting going here!

3. Ron says:

Yay! I got you all set up!

4. Ron says:

Yay! I got you all set up!

5. Sal says:

I can't wait to see what comes of this new and exciting adventure. I will be reading with much anticipation.

6. Sal says:

7. Potty Mummy says:

Mine's white with no sugar, thanks… And I love the minimalist decor, btw. Very now…

8. Potty Mummy says:

9. GreenJello says:

I think you need a followers section now, so I can stalk you properly. 🙂

10. GreenJello says:

I think you need a followers section now, so I can stalk you properly. 🙂

11. Dave says:

Hi Tara,I like the name of your new blog and I love the line…. “Talking mumbo jumbo since 2002”I have a feeling you’ve been talking mumbo jumbo since long before 2002.It’s great you have a new place of your own and now that you’re not linked to the company you can start to swear it up and get coarse. LOL.I also have a feeling you’ll enjoy this place so much more.Don’t worry I’m having lots of feelings today.I’ll see you back here very soon!Dave

12. Dave says:

13. I've added you, love the pink bits 🙂

14. I've added you, love the pink bits 🙂

15. Mom/Mum says:

I've added you to my roll – good to see you here and good luck with this new blog am sure it will be a GREAT success xx

16. Mom/Mum says:

17. Kool Aid says:

I like your new home! If only I had a proper house warming gift…

18. Kool Aid says:

I like your new home! If only I had a proper house warming gift…

19. Mom/Mum says:

Hey mrs to celebrate your new home, I've tagged you! come on over and see..

20. Mom/Mum says:

Hey mrs to celebrate your new home, I've tagged you! come on over and see..

21. Looking forward to reading your new posts!Alison

22. Looking forward to reading your new posts!Alison

23. Looking forward to reading your new posts!

Alison

24. Jen says:

I was worried at first that you were not going to be around anymore but I am so glad that you are. I love to read what you write. I am more of a lurker than a commenter. I will try and change that.

25. Jen says:

26. I found you!! Straight away ! no problems!You go girlfriend, and looking forward to reading all of your new posts.love Michelle

27. I found you!! Straight away ! no problems!You go girlfriend, and looking forward to reading all of your new posts.love Michelle

28. I found you!! Straight away ! no problems!
    You go girlfriend, and looking forward to reading all of your new posts.
    love Michelle

29. Vodka Mom says:

you're in the reader!!

30. Vodka Mom says:

you're in the reader!!

31. Christina says:

So glad to have found your new home! I'll look forward to reading the older stuff I never saw, and sharing your new adventures!

32. Christina says:

It's really is so good to hear from you all and I really do appreciate you coming over and commenting. Not only did I leave my job on Friday I also spent the whole weekend partying with a group of girlfriends to mark the start of my 40th birthday. Like That Girl, I will probably be celebrating it over the space of a whole month!So I appologise for not responding to all your comments but I came home to find another bunch of friends all supporting me over here, so for that I am truely grateful. And err hello Michelle! Wasn't I just partying with you this weekend?!

35. dadoftwo says:

Hey Tara, I'm glad you didn't let the sun go down for too long on your online voice. You're added to the reader, and I'll see you soon (in a couple of places now).Sean (WD)

@Hey Sean: Thanks so much for stopping by, it really is appreciated.

@Hey Sean: Thanks so much for stopping by, it really is appreciated.

38. Ohmygod!! Life changing! Leave your job and turn forty? Well, good luck with this new chapter in your life, and welcome to the stay at home, ex journo (yes we used to get paid for writing mumbo jumbo) club. There seem to be a fair few of us about in blogland.Good luck, good luck, good luck. Do tell us what made you make the decision, how long had you been thinking about it? What did the hubby say? What did the kiddies say?? What next? Giving up work altogether or freelancing? So many questions…will change my blog roll tomorrow. I am too tired now…lots of love! x

39. Ohmygod!! Life changing! Leave your job and turn forty? Well, good luck with this new chapter in your life, and welcome to the stay at home, ex journo (yes we used to get paid for writing mumbo jumbo) club. There seem to be a fair few of us about in blogland.Good luck, good luck, good luck. Do tell us what made you make the decision, how long had you been thinking about it? What did the hubby say? What did the kiddies say?? What next? Giving up work altogether or freelancing? So many questions…will change my blog roll tomorrow. I am too tired now…lots of love! x

@CTTF: I'm a bit of a walking cliche aren't I!Thanks so much for your supportive words.I left the company because I didn't like the way they were heading and just thought why the hell am I driving up the motorway every day, giving up time with my babies, for this?It's been on the cards for about 3 months and I've agonised over it because, well my work 'colleagues' had become more like a family and I found it so very difficult to let them go.But let them go I did and as of Friday I am no longer tied there.When I told my son I would be able to take him to school every day now he cried! He loves the breakfast club he goes to and I guess my option is just boring. Sniff.I am setting up my own business (gulp) and will be selling my soul to PR and media consultancy (which I pretty much did there anyway, so it's not much of a stretch. Just got to persuade someone else to pay me!)So great to see you over here, my SATC gal!

42. that girl says:

Yoohoo!!! Happy 40 you fabulous foxy chick!! And Happy New Blog Home too! Loving it already and sooo glad you decided to carry on doing your thang here! I am off to change my blogroll in just a mo!Will be checking out Blogtofit too as I would like to be a fit 40 ready for the party!! Wishing you tons of luck on leaving… change can be scary at first but its liberating too. In our true long lost sister thing I too left my job of 14 yrs cos it changed in a way that meant I would get less family time, so good on ya!lots of love….. xxps my word verification was jugmo .. hee hee!!

43. that girl says:

44. Millennium Housewife says:

Hooray! Found you. x

45. Millennium Housewife says:

Hooray! Found you. x

46. Tricia says:

Can I just say ditto to what Dave said?Congratulations on getting your new blog set up!! I'll be back to visit often.

47. Tricia says: